Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th Mixed Bag North of the Pike

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Skating rink on the driveway.  Pretty bad forecast bust here in this area.  Yesterday's ZR didn't really materialize during the morning commute with temps at 32 but this morning it's slip and slide at 30.8 when most including myself were thinking 40 degrees by now. 

Even here we tucked. Most difficult run I've ever done on roads. Just ice. Models had 50 here by 4:00am

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even here we tucked. Most difficult run I've ever done on roads. Just ice. Models had 50 here by 4:00am

I don't know how you did it.  I couldn't even cross my street this morning-kept the dog on the snow and hoped I wouldn't fall.....crazy.

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don't know how you did it.  I couldn't even cross my street this morning-kept the dog on the snow and hoped I wouldn't fall.....crazy.

I semi fell once but landed on hands. Going down hill was basically just baby steps slow..Not gonna let ice deter a run..though it crossed my mind about 1 minute in

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I semi fell once but landed on hands. Going down hill was basically just baby steps slow..Not gonna let ice deter a run..though it crossed my mind about 1 minute in

You're better off staying away from pavement.  I have enough crusty snow for traction but walking the 1 mile early. AM loop was out of the question.   Fortunately I will probably be able to make it up md day...

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You're better off staying away from pavement.  I have enough crusty snow for traction but walking the 1 mile early. AM loop was out of the question.   Fortunately I will probably be able to make it up md day...

Yeah , but I can't run thru sleet banks and peoples yards lol. There's still a lot of sleet left under the snow from last week

Models cutting  back on torch today.

C4IfDR4XAAA_3JJ.jpg

6 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

it is ugly out there. news reporting that 128 is basically shut down. Not just one stretch of 128, practically the whole thing. 30+ car accident in Wakefield, another in Lexington, and more further south. glad we take the back roads.

Yeah, I just missed the accident on 128 by the Pike in Weston on my way in to work.  There was a 7 car pileup in the left lane by Grove Street (Riverside MBTA), so I got off at the I-90/MA-30 exit seeing a number of fire trucks further up the road.

As I was passing under the Pike, I saw there was nobody on 128 northbound... just nuts out there this morning.  Amazing bust this morning, I think I saw everyone had 34-36 for lows this morning.

26 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

it is ugly out there. news reporting that 128 is basically shut down. Not just one stretch of 128, practically the whole thing. 30+ car accident in Wakefield, another in Lexington, and more further south. glad we take the back roads.

I must have just missed it, was on 128 from burlington to rt 3n it was clear at 7:15am

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

It's still only 27.7* at the Pit.  I fell here in Boston when I stepped on a sidewalk grate.  Whoops.

Per a webcam in the area, it looks like Pit 2 got around 5-6"; up to 20* there now.

Be careful!   I'm taking it slow so I don't fall on the way to or from the car either home or work.

Archived