joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential light snow 1/29 overnight to 1/30 thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slp is moving through the WV mountains right now. If you loop the Charleston radar you can see the circulation.  Once that gets past the blue ridge we'll have a pretty good idea based on radar whether it's going to plan or otherwise. 

I know I'm rooting for the winchester folks to start posting mod snow obs. That would be good for my yard. 

3 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Probably just an hallucination, but I see the radar starting to fill in maybe?

It's should fill in pretty quick once the low and energy cross the WV mountains. Your seeing the first stages out west on lwx radar. Should be pretty good for some folks in the next couple hours. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Slp is moving through the WV mountains right now. If you loop the Charleston radar you can see the circulation.  Once that gets past the blue ridge we'll have a pretty good idea based on radar whether it's going to plan or otherwise. 

I know I'm rooting for the winchester folks to start posting mod snow obs. That would be good for my yard. 

You can forget that one, pal.

Im 100% certain that we see nothing but stray flurries.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Gonna take more snow than this "event" can deliver to keep me up that late.

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Temp has actually gone up a couple tenths to 35.4 and my DP is above 32.  Not great.  Hopefully we can get a bit of paste overnight, but I'm not staying up for it.

Agree.  Tough to get excited about less than .10 of precip.  Fairly confident I wake up to damp surfaces and snizzle.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Wondering if rising dews and temps for D.C. might translate to the best lift and rates further north into Moco.

Maybe these rises are in response to the vort approaching from the SW and pumping things up.  Without cold air in place the vort has to go east of us before cold can pulled into it.  Just my guess

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived