joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential light snow 1/29 overnight to 1/30 thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this one probably is a next'er, but i'm going to stay tuned.  radar does look rather horrendous, though.  hopefully this is one of those storms that blossoms to the east as the low moves through.  i do think someone will get banded...seen these stripe snows before...but this is definitely one of "those" winters so far...

Just now, 87storms said:

this one probably is a next'er, but i'm going to stay tuned.  radar does look rather horrendous, though.  hopefully this is one of those storms that blossoms to the east as low moves through.  i do think someone will get banded...seen these stripe snows before...but this is definitely one of "those" winters so far...

with blossoms like we're expecting,  the bees this spring don't stand a chance

5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Wow!  I'm soooooo impressed by the size of your deck. :lol: Pass the bourbon...

Haha! This winter blows. Wish I could get excited about the next couple of weeks. With the zonal flow regarding next weekend, I'm into the "where the storm enters the west coast is where it'll exit the east coast." Can't see a phase or trough digging for next weekend. Gotta enjoy the next 12 hours. 

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Looking forward to surprised happy posts from mappy and our York, PA friends when that expanding blob of precip reaches them.  

it's so showery though.  these are my least favorite setups.  hopefully things do work out, but i'm really down on these types of systems.  the mountains are notorious at crushing these especially with marginal temps.  i'm ready for a storm so maybe this one will be an exception.

4 minutes ago, 87storms said:

it's so showery though.  these are my least favorite setups.  hopefully things do work out, but i'm really down on these types of systems.  the mountains are notorious at crushing these especially with marginal temps.  i'm ready for a storm so maybe this one will be an exception.

These events work when we start in the 20s.  This will be less than good I predict.  

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Right about now.  So far RGEM is way off.  

Down to 38.  6 more degrees to go!

No, the rgem is spot on so far with precip timing. It had this batch of light stuff moving through. Then between 10pm-1am it fills back in through most of the region.

Temps Otoh were too low. That was pretty obvious. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived