Newest Member
    joxey
Potential light snow 1/29 overnight to 1/30 thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's pretty cold aloft and there will be decent lift around. Prob se going by consensus. I don't think snow growth will be an issue but I agree with accums. This isn't a max efficiency setup. Anything lost early will take dents out of already meager precip for most. 

Still several hours left for you to steal the max stripe.

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Beat me to it. At 3pm, it was still 31 @ Morgantown, WV and the RGEM says it will be around here by 10pm. I doubt that seriously. 

HRRR has you at 34 at 10 pm.  I agree with you about temp issues in the light stuff.  But all the models have us dropping pretty quickly after dark.

HRRR/RAP are pretty much on the same page now.  The main body of precip arrives in DC around midnight and exits around 5 am.  So timing is ideal given BL issues, but rates/liquid will be an issue.  Hopefully we get a nice burst somewhere in there - enough to make it pretty on the grass.  Expectations are so low, we're kind of in a good situation.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Not sure if we talked about 18z GFS yet but its good for 1-2 for the metro and it actually has a trailing band Monday afternoon, think that has showed up on some other guidance too. 

lwx technical discussion hinted at the Monday afternoon possibility too.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm kinda sick of models on this one. I'm ready to get down with radar tracking and associated hallucinations and stuff. Im sure I'll be up plenty late due to this really bizarre hobby that more than 99% of normal adults can't even comprehend.

includes us

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm kinda sick of models on this one. I'm ready to get down with radar tracking and associated hallucinations and stuff. Im sure I'll be up plenty late due to this really bizarre hobby that more than 99% of normal adults can't even comprehend.

I think I'll stay up for Euro, and then hit the sack unless there is some death band over us or imminent.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived