SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little under 3.5" here at midnight in N High Point. We lost our rates about 20-30 minutes ago and it's just light pixie dust instead of the fat flakes we had for almost 2 hours before that. Great storm so far for us! It can pile up quick when it gets going, hope to read a lot of reports of people changing over soon.

28 minutes ago, CoolBreeze said:

What were the 'Most Likely" totals for the Triad they are mentioning ?

The first call from a met was webber, he had us (Randolph Counyy)6 to 12 yesterday. Allan another great met had Randolph County all 8 to 12 today his last call. I posted 8 to 14 for our county today. Thought someone in ne part of county might have a shot at a micro lollipop of 13.

If we get that 1 inch+ qpf mission will be accomplished. Hearing thunder reports back in Georgia is very encouraging. Just ne of where WeatherNC set up camp tonight toward tidewater might hit a 16, we'll see. Anyway you slice it this is a big reward after tracking this pup for 10+days. 

Imagine if that gfs run several days ago of 24 was in the cards. One day I'd love to expierence a 20+ inch snowfall. 

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

I'm at just shy of 3 inches of snow accumulation on the deck. Still holding onto the 1 inch per hour rates. Moderate snowfall.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

What size of flakes are you dealing with? I've had small mostly for about two hours. 

8 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Unfortunately not.  It's retreated back NW.  Going to take a lot to get snow down to you and me and this rate.  May be lucky to finish with an inch or two near the end.  About to call it quits here. 

I'm a good bit north of you by about 15 miles or so, so I may be on the cusp. I wish you luck down there in Union County, I hope you all get a last minute surprise. 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived