Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

Wasent me just quoting someone from southeast forum.

I'm going to give you some friendly advice again. You are posting/asking opinions about how 50/50s, blocking, and even triple phasers look on the models. If you can't look at the exact same models we are all looking at to identify these very basic winter storm features on your own then you really need to step out of the long range thread and learn first. Our long range thread is not a classroom. There are endless resources freely available to learn this stuff. 

7 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm going to give you some friendly advice again. You are posting/asking opinions about how 50/50s, blocking, and even triple phasers look on the models. If you can't look at the exact same models we are all looking at to identify these very basic winter storm features on your own then you really need to step out of the long range thread and learn first. Our long range thread is not a classroom. There are endless resources freely available to learn this stuff. 

Sound advice. Don't know how many times, at least initially, where I did a double take and had to go back and check for myself. Thought maybe senility was finally kicking in. :)

Off topic, so forgive the distraction....   Whatever happened to Midlothiansnowmaker or dare I even ask?  (I likely butchered the spelling, sorry).  Have not seen any postings from him this season about his backyard pile.  No doubt it's been too warm much of Jan to get his system online, but he had a few nights here and there. 

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

NAM woke up from its 0z nap and it kinda likes the Monday clipper now.

Yeah, my point and click now has snow showers likely Sunday night (60%), though that seems a little bull'ish.  The problem with having 17 different short term models to choose from these days is figuring out which one, if any, is right. 

But seriously, that looks like virga for most of the metros and then possibly some re-development for your side of the bay.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, my point and click now has snow showers likely Sunday night (60%), though that seems a little bull'ish.  The problem with having 17 different short term models to choose from these days is figuring out which one, if any, is right. 

But seriously, that looks like virga for most of the metros and then possibly some re-development for your side of the bay.

I think today will be interesting as we get more into the meso model range. These weak clippers are tricky, and in another winter we probably wouldnt care too much either way. But the potential of an inch is pretty big at this point. This looks like it will affect a pretty small area as well, and that can shift in the short range. Right now I would say southern DE has the best shot at an inch or so. It just might be their year lol.

50 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I'm hurt. :( 

Well at least tell me that the vetting won't involve any sort of probing of delicate regions. :D

It more or less refers to recent refugees.  And or refugees that have a PA, Eastern and WX in their SN

16 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

My executive order supersedes his.  You can stay.  You contribute good posts.   I'm granting you a full E1 Visa. 

Following a day 9 snowstorm. Some flurries outside. Wife was actually nice to me this morning. Dogs let me sleep in. And now Randy has my back. Dam, what a great day so far. What could possibly go wrong from here? <_<

Archived