Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

49 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I like this discussion!

I'm cool with coffee stouts, but I much prefer them balanced with a bit of sweetness.

Now...a big barrel-aged Stout is a different story. Give me some oakiness and a hint of bourbon to go with a slightly chewy mouthfeel and all is good in the world.

Our friends group (five couples who have been friends for years) is starting up a scheduled monthly pizza get together since we have a hard time planning time with so many small kids in the picture now. Anyways, the plan is to do a bottle share among the guys. First one is tomorrow night, so I have to bring something worthwhile to the party. May hit up the local Total Wine for a quality growler fill, whether a big stout or IPA.

Probably heading to Aslin on Saturday for a couple crowlers, assuming they have beer left then.

If I want a hint of sweetness I go for a milk stout. I have been into the Holiday one from Flying Dog lately. The big Imperials usually tend to be more hoppy. I dont mind a hint of sweetness if its there but I usually dont pick up on it, nor miss it if its not there. I have tried some barrel aged ones, and as long the oakiness isn't to prominent, I like those as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived