Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'm kicking Wes Junker and Orh-wxman off my national weather council and replacing them with Yeoman.  

This is the very thing that will set science back generations.  Soon forecasting will be made with bunyons aching, knee pain and cows laying down when it will rain.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

It's only 10 days away!  I swear this time...I promise. Come Charlie Brown...just kick it....

I don't know about you but I expect little sleep over the next 10 days.  I'll be up at 2 to see the latest euro.  I'll also get up at 3:45 for the latest NAM.  Yeah I know it only goes out to 84 but I can look for trends.  Then I'm full on into the EPS snow maps.  I think those things are a remarkable forecasting tool.  I'll also fire off a quick email to LWX inquiring as to when warnings will be posted.  I'll then be sure to update the long range thread with my findings.  Then it's 3 Red Bull's and a full day of model humping at work ( those kids don't need me, besides I'm trying like hell to get them a snow day).  Then I'll race home in time for the 18z runs, multitasking by checking the latest HPC discussions, the 8-14 CPC outlooks, my local long range forecast, and the latest LWX long range discussion.  I'll then grab a quick bite, sleep for an hour and then start checking the latest srefs and NAM (trends) and do it all over again.

BTW, I have a tee time booked for day 10, you know, in case the latest 10 day MECS turns out to be horsesh*t.

Archived