Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Why do we put up with easternpawx?   I could see if he was a good poster, but he's awful.  

I don't mind too too much as long as the regional add ons don't throw it in our face when things arent going well and have a sense of humor about it when we poke fun at something silly they said.  I don't get too bent out of shape over an extra comment or two in the thread even if its not very helpful.  That Carbondale guy is an example of where I draw the line.  He was over telling the NYC crew how this upcoming pattern would be way better for his area just the other day until some regular threw stats showing the progged pattern actually has similar snowfall history for Scranton as NYC. 

4 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

We still have time to 'save' the year, but sure has been a bummer so far, 4.1 total here. Maybe we can get a storm or two in Feb to save the season.

man, i hope so. 2 measly inches IMBY

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I think if you just use a ratio of 75:1 on the scale, you could just use the 09-10 map.

:lol: 

Obviously we are all a little frustrated and short fused right now, but I don't think anything that egregious was said and an extra post or two in a thread isn't really going to destroy the conversation.  I poked a little smart a** fun at one of the comments and I certainly didn't mean to spark all this infighting.  Sorry for that.  All of us are still learning and some of us are at different points along the curve then others but it is just a chat about weather and during a not too interesting or critical time. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Obviously we are all a little frustrated and short fused right now, but I don't think anything that egregious was said and an extra post or two in a thread isn't really going to destroy the conversation.  I poked a little smart a** fun at one of the comments and I certainly didn't mean to spark all this infighting.  Sorry for that.  All of us are still learning and some of us are at different points along the curve then others but it is just a chat about weather and during a not too interesting or critical time. 

Do I come off as someone who's rubs it in there face when it is looking good for them and not for you guys.  If I have been doing that it has not been intentional.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Did you get to try Evolution Rise Up Russian Imperial Stout? Limited release. I think its done now. Picked up the last bottle they had at my go to craft beer place Monday.

Yes!  We had it when we went down to OC for the day during the snowstorm.  They had it at the brewery and it was awesome.

I'm looking forward to next weekend's annual Heavy Seas Oyster Fest.

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yes!  We had it when we went down to OC for the day during the snowstorm.  They had it at the brewery and it was awesome.

I'm looking forward to next weekend's annual Heavy Seas Oyster Fest.

Good! I love me a BIG coffee stout.

That sounds like it will be a fun time. Oyster stout mmmmm..

48 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

I will try to be gone for 5 days but it is hard when people are attacking you. I guess it makes sense though. People generally like finding that one person to pick on in this case me.

Come on dude. Victim card is weak. It implies that you believe it's all us and innocent you. The reality is that you are a *guest* here. I have no problem with anyone posting from anywhere unless they're just trolling. Which you are not. But you don't just drop by one year and fit in all nice an cozy with a group of local people who have been posting together for a decade or more. Doesn't work that way.  Fair, unfair, or whatever. It doesn't matter. It is what it is. 

Take some responsibility man. The MA subforum didn't randomly pick you from a list and say "hey, lets get that guy". Your excessive posting in the LR thread isn't good. Plain and simple. I personally don't take issue with it. I honestly don't really care. But accept some responsibility and improve or simply refrain at times. My guess is you are young. Could be right, could be wrong. But a level of naivety comes through quite often. Which if fine. I'm not bagging on you. If you are young (under 25), just remember that this forum is loaded with old folks that have been doing this stuff for quite a long time. There are unwritten rules that are easy to see and follow to earn respect. I was told plenty to read more and post less back on Eastern. And I listened. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Come on dude. Victim card is weak. It implies that you believe it's all us and innocent you. The reality is that you are a *guest* here. I have no problem with anyone posting from anywhere unless they're just trolling. Which you are not. But you don't just drop by one year and fit in all nice an cozy with a group of local people who have been posting together for a decade or more. Doesn't work that way.  Fair, unfair, or whatever. It doesn't matter. It is what it is. 

Take some responsibility man. The MA subforum didn't randomly pick you from a list and say "hey, lets get that guy". Your excessive posting in the LR thread isn't good. Plain and simple. I personally don't take issue with it. I honestly don't really care. But accept some responsibility and improve or simply refrain at times. My guess is you are young. Could be right, could be wrong. But a level of naivety comes through quite often. Which if fine. I'm not bagging on you. If you are young (under 25), just remember that this forum is loaded with old folks that have been doing this stuff for quite a long time. There are unwritten rules that are easy to see and follow to earn respect. I was told plenty to read more and post less back on Eastern. And I listened. 

BINGO

I still don't post a lot in some threads and have been here several years..........

If you just sit back and READ you can learn so much in here.

28 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Good! I love me a BIG coffee stout.

That sounds like it will be a fun time. Oyster stout mmmmm..

I like this discussion!

I'm cool with coffee stouts, but I much prefer them balanced with a bit of sweetness.

Now...a big barrel-aged Stout is a different story. Give me some oakiness and a hint of bourbon to go with a slightly chewy mouthfeel and all is good in the world.

Our friends group (five couples who have been friends for years) is starting up a scheduled monthly pizza get together since we have a hard time planning time with so many small kids in the picture now. Anyways, the plan is to do a bottle share among the guys. First one is tomorrow night, so I have to bring something worthwhile to the party. May hit up the local Total Wine for a quality growler fill, whether a big stout or IPA.

Probably heading to Aslin on Saturday for a couple crowlers, assuming they have beer left then.

32 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

ding ding ding! nicely said, sir. 

1 hour ago, PaEasternWX said:

would @WEATHERBUFF be this so called other level of terrible? I mean you did ban him.

dude chill out, you made some comments that were, perhaps, unnecessary and didn't really add much value, I took no issue with them other then to take a wise a@@ comment because that's just how I am, it wasn't mean to be in malice.  I have made plenty of duh or pointless posts over the years.  And then some got a little chippy with you.  But you are the one escalating this way way way out of proportion because you aren't just letting it go.  It would have blown over and been long done and a non issue if you just put the shovel down and stopped going on about it.  But you attacked back and then dug in and while I understand your frustration its only making it worse.  There are all kinds of personalities in here.  Sometimes something is taken out of context or someone is in a bad mood and things get a bit confrontational.  I have had people take issue with me from time to time, and I have probably over reacted and said something not nice to someone else at times.  But then 10 seconds later we move on and its back to weather or whatever were chatting about in banter.  Going on and on and on trying to make some point is only making it worse. You don't need to go away for 5 days or anything just chill out and take a breath.  

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

^^^ Very good read and advice for every newcomer to the forum!!!!!

Archived