Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, H2O said:

A girl has no name. She is not a member. But those that receive the gift need not know if it was by a member. 

imma slit your throat if you continue to give me away. 

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's only a matter of time before some of the veterans start succumbing to the catastrophe of this winter.

Stormtracker, Bob, PSU, Mappy, gymengineer...let the darkness flow through you...

AHG2uMD.gif

nope. not joining you. i've already come to terms that I won't hit climo this year. Now just hoping to break 10". 

Futility chase still alive for those of us in Baltimore.

for all the whining about the models from some - seems to me they've been pretty damn good. I don't recall them advertising any  legit snowfalls for Baltimore area within seven days this year, and that has been spot on. The reason the 10-day storms are a joke among people is the models don't show them any closer in time than that for the most part - and the models are correct not to do that - at least up here in Baltimore they've been correct not to do that...

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Futility chase still alive for those of us in Baltimore.

for all the whining about the models from some - seems to me they've been pretty damn good. I don't recall them advertising any  legit snowfalls for Baltimore area within seven days this year, and that has been spot on. The reason the 10-day storms are a joke among people is the models don't show them any closer in time than that for the most part - and the models are correct not to do that - at least up here in Baltimore they've been correct not to do that...

Not beyond 5 days they haven't. 

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not beyond 5 days they haven't. 

But I have been told repeatedly that beyond five days is a unicorn. So why are people mad about their skill beyond five days? Really, they've been damn good at not showing snow from about 8 days out. The 10-day snows never advance past that.  Even the damn canSIPs has been good with the long range relative winter warmth. 

I don't like the lack of snow, but it's not like the models have shown legit chances either, which has been correct to this point...

6 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I can't stand when non-news radio stations try to explain a weather forecast.  Which source is hyping next week???

WTOP drives me nuts.  Mets on there (DC TV mets mostly I think) are just such warmingistas...referring to lows in the mid 30s in January as "cold" or "chilly", etc.  

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

WTOP drives me nuts.  Mets on there (DC TV mets mostly I think) are just such warmingistas...referring to lows in the mid 30s in January as "cold" or "chilly", etc.  

They're a lot better than djs. lol

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You don't need to give up the ghost in The Panic Room for me to put part of you in the ground and mount part of you on the wall. 

I need to decide if Mappy giving up on climo constitutes a demise as well.

WE ALWAYS BELIEVE IN A ROCKIN WINTER AROUND HERE, PEOPLE.

Giving up on climo doesn't mean I've jumped on winter as a whole. Come on now... being realistic doesn't equal panicking

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

But I have been told repeatedly that beyond five days is a unicorn. So why are people mad about their skill beyond five days? Really, they've been damn good at not showing snow from about 8 days out. The 10-day snows never advance past that.  Even the damn canSIPs has been good with the long range relative winter warmth. 

I don't like the lack of snow, but it's not like the models have shown legit chances either, which has been correct to this point...

Can we be friends again?:hurrbear::P

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yeah, who doesn't hope for people to lose their homes and lives.  I'm with you.

Don't the stock responses go something like this:

"Weather will do what it wants to do whether we hope/wish for it or not."

"Let's get real...we're all weather weenies, so we root for the most extreme/interesting weather possible because weather will do what it wants to do."

4 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

This... they have teased us with snow in the fiction range, the actual pattern looks in general have happened just not specific storms but that is NOT how you use long range guidance.  

Archived