Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's snowing just off the deck here. You can see the bright banding and I have cat paws still at 36.1F. I can't see any low clouds and the ceilings have that smooth snow sky look. 

Raining in Andover per coworkers. 31.7 dumping here. 1/2" or so

it's getting pretty close by ... ptype products say its raining to the Pike or getting close!  ... Really need this secondary to trim the inflow aloft - it's going to happen but it appears a lead side race is on. 

what may end happening is this mix edge press to Rt 2 or so, then, ...collapse fast during a brief resurged appearance on rad for a couple hours before ending.  kind of thinking along those lines.  Or, the mix line halts soon prior to that fill in period... not sure.  But, was surprised actually to see virtually all of CT now over to silver -

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Raining in Andover per coworkers. 31.7 dumping here. 1/2" or so

Looks like there is a CF that runs roughly just east of Rt 3 down 495 to the south of Rt 3...it's not extremely defined, but enough to where you can see those 34-36F temps where the snow is struggling to the east vs 30-33F temps where it is ripping back to the west of the front:

Dec29_coastalfront.png

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's snowing just off the deck here. You can see the bright banding and I have cat paws still at 36.1F. I can't see any low clouds and the ceilings have that smooth snow sky look. 

try this ...if you want an orbital headache - if you go out there and study a single spot long enough you can almost just make out an impression of giant golf balls way up there.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like there is a CF that runs roughly just east of Rt 3 down 495 to the south of Rt 3...it's not extremely defined, but enough to where you can see those 34-36F temps where the snow is struggling to the east vs 30-33F temps where it is ripping back to the west of the front:

Dec29_coastalfront.png

I'm 100 yards to the westward side of that line on 495. All snow here. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Most of Franklin Co has been in the snow hole thus far today.  I am ready to halve our forecast totals.  

30F around 1" new.  Terrible snow growth.  Baking powder which is making the roads treacherous.  On my way home an idiot in an F-150 came about 2' away from sliding into me sideways at a red light.  

nah ,not based on this lead side crap...

this shread schit's to be expected... "if" and when the consolidation of a ccb head begins to take form later in the afternoon, you could easily end up in 2 or 3" per hr thing for little while

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dec29_coastalfront.png

Yeah I live just west of the red line/west of 93. 31.9F  It may very well reach me for a bit

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dec29_coastalfront.png

I am a hair west of that line. Big flat flakes and coming down heavy. Up to 33.9

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We've had nice ocean effect for most of the morning, and now we're starting to transition into the meat. Euro definitely gives me some concern for tonight.

Drove through one of those bands this morning en route to Boston - instant white-out and gridlock on the Maine Pike near York with cars off the road. I'm heading back to Scarborough in a couple hours, and am hoping that things will at least be interesting tonight even if we don't end up with much accumulation. Still thinking thunder is possible later?

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Most of Franklin Co has been in the snow hole thus far today.  I am ready to halve our forecast totals.  

30F around 1" new.  Terrible snow growth.  Baking powder which is making the roads treacherous.  On my way home an idiot in an F-150 came about 2' away from sliding into me sideways at a red light.  

He should have his studded snows.

sn here, moderate flakes.

Archived