Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

3 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Drove through one of those bands this morning en route to Boston - instant white-out and gridlock on the Maine Pike near York with cars off the road. I'm heading back to Scarborough in a couple hours, and am hoping that things will at least be interesting tonight even if we don't end up with much accumulation. Still thinking thunder is possible later?

Yes I do. Things are looking up for coastal Maine versus yesterday.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

nah ,not based on this lead side crap...

this shread schit's to be expected... "if" and when the consolidation of a ccb head begins to take form later in the afternoon, you could easily end up in 2 or 3" per hr thing for little while

You can see things starting to organize south of here...the CCB head you refer to is in its infancy:

Dec29_130pmRadar.gif

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Lunenburg's on a pace to have more than 3X the amount of ORH.

..WORCESTER COUNTY...
   LUNENBURG              1.0  1255 PM 12/29  HAM RADIO
   WORCESTER              0.3  1242 PM 12/29  HAM RAD

There was about an inch on winter hill around 1pm...so I'm not skeptical of Lunenburg this time....at least not yet. :lol:

Just now, Lava Rock said:

But overall, isn't the development starting to reflect the Euro of the last few days?

It looks like it was the closest as of publish time yesterday afternoon. Now we could still get a scenario like the GFS where the low hooks hard left into ME tonight, but so far the Euro seems to have the upper hand.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm guessing if it does breach rt 3 and 495, it won't last too long.

Will, the red line you drew earlier looks like it would pretty much cut through my yard.  And sure enough, it looks like we are transitioning to some rain here for the time being.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Bath right? They are going to be close. I like areas SW of there more right now.

Yup.  It seems that typically the coastal areas south of Sagadahoc do better on events like this and from Sagadahoc on east fare better on events that tend to screw GC.  That works out pretty well for me.  :)

Ripping quarters/half dollars, vis <1/4.

Just now, macriver said:

Will, the red line you drew earlier looks like it would pretty much cut through my yard.  And sure enough, it looks like we are transitioning to some rain here for the time being.

Just now, mostman said:

Just switched to rain in Westford. 

There's also a sucker hole in the precip going right along 495 right now...so you may flip back to snow when heavier echoes move back in.

Archived