joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about a weenie 12 mile drive home from GYX.

Roads I travel every day we're completely foreign. The landscape was unrecognizable. Almost war zone-esque. Trees and power lines are caked with inches of snow, which is causing them to droop into the roadway. The rise was completely dark until I was within a mile of Portland. Already some trees and wires down in the road, and there isn't much wind. If we mix out a little in the morning, look out.

It felt a little like a ski town after a big snow blitz. Just heaps and heaps of snow piled on everything in sight. 

2 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

those one inch reports for my area must be northern/eastern parts of town...I am not even sure if I had .1 here

Downtown had at least 0.5" before the change over yesterday morning.  I would call that a "western" part of the city.  I have no idea what they picked up after it changed back.

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

lol, Just went out and took 6 measurements, We were a little light 18.2"

I'm really happy for you--congrats and enjoy!

6 hours ago, MaineJayhawk said:

0.9" that last hour.  25.6" storm total.  Still have a wee bit to go.

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Yep, it's deep
fe8437392da3d7f2c43f218583e9e171.jpg

Love it!  Oh, I hope GC or coastal Maine can cash in on one like that this year!!

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Final (assuming nothing more falls) is 21", on exactly 2.10" LE - can't make this stuff up.  Had 15.5" between 9 PM and about 4 AM when it ended.

Wow....amazing it was 10:1 there given the rates and how far north you are. QPF bomb. I'm majorly jealous. I haven't had one of these since moving here (last one I recall is March 2001) and even after waking up yesterday morning I thought it was still mine. Alas the models pulled the football from me when I was about to kick the crap out of it. Congrats to you Mainers though. Those are some wackadoo totals.

38 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Must have had some snow showers come through overnight.  Looks like a fresh .25" or so on the cars. 

I was thinking it was from blowing, but it's snowing again now from the streamer creeping over the spine so I guess it was new.

My wife is reporting 2-3" from the casa in Maine.  They'll probably match that--maybe more--tomorrow night.

Total here in Vassalboro, 14.2" of heavy concrete, man snow.  Should've made a pass with the blower last night quite a workout for it this morning.

Congrats to everyone, what a fun storm.  Thanks to all the Mets here as well!  I may not understand 1% of what you say, but I sometimes pick up on some great stuff!

DSC_0600.JPG

DSC_0603.JPG

DSC_0617.JPG

Archived