Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Sumner hills usually catch some extra accum.  The co-op in Hartford at about 750' averages almost 20% more snow than does Farmington - 106" versus 89".  Maine's snowiest co-op outside of the mts and the north woods.

Yes it certainly is a weenie spot. I see the difference every time I climb his hill.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Well thought Ray could do better than 2". 

Given what happened in Maine and even parts of SE NH, prob needed just a tick earlier explosion to turn 2" into 6"+ there. I think the BL needing to get scoured out too played a role...which Ray mentioned as a reason for him not going higher, so kudos to that call. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Given what happened in Maine and even parts of SE NH, prob needed just a tick earlier explosion to turn 2" into 6"+ there. I think the BL needing to get scoured out too played a role...which Ray mentioned as a reason for him not going higher, so kudos to that call. 

I mean this is ridiculous. F-gen completely exploded over SE NH and SW ME.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I figured 2-3 at least was possible there. I didn't think 6+..but not sure he even got two, Yep,good call there from him.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I mean this is ridiculous. F-gen completely exploded over SE NH and SW ME.

When I was mentioning the best place to chase yesterday, I had mentioned the "safe" place was prob like Jackson NH over to Bethel ME....but chasing closer to Bridgton and that area probably had a higher upside (with more risk of course) since someone just on the right side of that obscenely steep sloped front would go absolutely gangbusters for a time. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I figured 2-3 at least was possible there. I didn't think 6+..but not sure he even got two, Yep,good call there from him.

Well he topped the lower valley at least. 1.4 here before the switchover which was about par for the course

Archived