• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

i knew temps would be a problem. it was 35 for hours in central wake,  finally down to 33 or 34...big fat flakes, sticking on cars and grass, starting to finally stick a little on parking lots idk about the roads. I have done 1 winter each in south Durham, central Carrboro, west Raleigh, Sanford and midtown Raleigh. So far midtown Raleigh is the worst. Jan 6-7 the snow hole was over mby for hours and today its above freezing for hours. smh. Lease ends in June. Time to relocate to Morrisville or something! Temps were no issue when i was at work in RTP/morrisville. Snow hole wasnt there either. I'm trying not to complain too much cause there is about 1.5", but still. 

15 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

i knew temps would be a problem. it was 35 for hours in central wake,  finally down to 33 or 34...big fat flakes, sticking on cars and grass, starting to finally stick a little on parking lots idk about the roads. I have done 1 winter each in south Durham, central Carrboro, west Raleigh, Sanford and midtown Raleigh. So far midtown Raleigh is the worst. Jan 6-7 the snow hole was over mby for hours and today its above freezing for hours. smh. Lease ends in June. Time to relocate to Morrisville or something! Temps were no issue when i was at work in RTP/morrisville. Snow hole wasnt there either. I'm trying not to complain too much cause there is about 1.5", but still. 

You could always live here in ILM area and miss out on almost every storm that passes through the Carolinas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

You could always live here in ILM area and miss out on almost every storm that passes through the Carolinas. 

Meh. I know we have some snow imby so i shouldnt be complaining, but it can be irritating when 2 miles in every direction there's double the amount and sub30 temps. ILM is not really ever a snow magnet though, so meh again. You'd be disappointed too.

1 minute ago, NCsandhills said:

Meh. I know we have some snow imby so i shouldnt be complaining, but it can be irritating when 2 miles in every direction there's double the amount and sub30 temps. ILM is not really ever a snow magnet though, so meh again. You'd be disappointed too.

No not in every direction, se of you has nothing

12 minutes ago, Snovary said:

No not in every direction, se of you has nothing

guess that depends on how far youre talkin. r/s line is right se of clayton, and mby to dt Clayton is 25 miles. lemme just stop bitchin cause indeed its getting better and apparently ruffling feathers of those e of me

My streak of never having a 6 inch snowfall at my house is still in tact.... and i'm 32 years old. I've only witnessed one snow over 4 inches, and that was 5.75 inches in January 2011; of course greenville managed 8 inches or snow from that storm.

Edit to add: I don't count Jan 1988 b/c I was 3 years old and don't remember it.

1 minute ago, burrel2 said:

My streak of never having a 6 inch snowfall at my house is still in tact.... and i'm 32 years old. I've only witnessed one snow over 4 inches, and that was 5.75 inches in January 2011; of course greenville managed 8 inches or snow from that storm.

Edit to add: I don't count Jan 1988 b/c I was 3 years old and don't remember it.

So young. Just wait until jburns comes in here to tell you about the good old days. 

I remember the 2011 storm. That was the last great snow for Greenville. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Next time Mack makes fun of me for tracking a clipper I'm pulling these analogs. Who wants a Miller A when you can score with a clipper and marginal temps? #RatesOvercame

If you call this a clipper than you have to call March 2009 a clipper too I guess, that one was juicy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jburns said:

5.75".  Well damn. I've brushed more than that off my snowboard so I could begin measuring the main part of a storm. :)

One day, the stars will align and i'll get a big storm, and it will be all that much sweeter after the life-time wait.  That's what I've been telling myself the last 15 years or so anyways.

2 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

One day, the stars will align and i'll get a big storm, and it will be all that much sweeter after the life-time wait.  That's what I've been telling myself the last 15 years or so anyways.

I strongly feel this winter will be special for most everyone on the board - don't think you will have to wait another 15 years

4 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

I strongly feel this winter will be special for most everyone on the board - don't think you will have to wait another 15 years

This winter has already been very special for North West Georgia, All of NC... mountains/central/eastern/coast, and all of coastal South Carolina/GA.

The only area really left out so far is the Western/Southern Upstate down to Columbia.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, burrel2 said:

How'd you fare in the Superstorm?

5 hours ago, burrel2 said:

Yea I’m 32 as well.  Parents moved down from the Midwest late 87 when I was 1.5. Few months later Charlotte gets their biggest snowfall on record lol.  

That stood for a while and I obviously don’t  remember the 88 storm.  But I sure remember the 2004 storm.  Got 16 inches where I lived then, few miles from where I am now.  And that was 16 inches of snow piled up. Not continually swept off a board to prevent it from compacting.  I’d pay to see a storm like that again. 

7 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Yea I’m 32 as well.  Parents moved down from the Midwest late 87 when I was 1.5. Few months later Charlotte gets their biggest snowfall on record lol.  

That stood for a while and I obviously don’t  remember the 88 storm.  But I sure remember the 2004 storm.  Got 16 inches where I lived then, few miles from where I am now.  And that was 16 inches of snow piled up. Not continually swept off a board to prevent it from compacting.  I’d pay to see a storm like that again. 

Gotta chase man. Ive seen my deepest storms that way.