Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

25 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Even the rain predicted for tonight is not looking to last nearly as long as forecast over NC and SC. Hopefully this isn't the start of trend towards much drier, but I'm afraid it could very well be. Hopefully it'll at least be warm if it has to be dry. Cold and dry is just awful.

Yeah, the radar looks anemic!

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yeah, the radar looks anemic!

We are going to get maybe .75 of rain for a storm total of 1.75, but models showed up to 3-4 over upstate SC which we are not going to get. And another thing. When will the NWS ever learn how to forecast CAD. This one was supposed to be weakening tonight, but is getting stronger and heading back to the south.

33 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Even the rain predicted for tonight is not looking to last nearly as long as forecast over NC and SC. Hopefully this isn't the start of trend towards much drier, but I'm afraid it could very well be. Hopefully it'll at least be warm if it has to be dry. Cold and dry is just awful.

I think it convective feedback issues. We saw some big storms along the Gulf that has robbed moisture from moving further north.

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I think it convective feedback issues. We saw some big storms along the Gulf that has robbed moisture from moving further north.

Yep that and the fact that the CAD is overperforming. Rain has been drying up at the GA SC line all day until just the last couple of hours because of that. Most of Al and GA have had tons of rain, but we will not be getting nearly as much. If this trend continues, the drought will become centered over the Carolinas as time goes on.

2 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Yep that and the fact that the CAD is overperforming. Rain has been drying up at the GA SC line all day until just the last couple of hours because of that. Most of Al and GA have had tons of rain, but we will not be getting nearly as much. If this trend continues, the drought will become centered over the Carolinas as time goes on.

Yeah cad had been killing it today. Hardly any northwardmovement of precip. Sometimes the cad really sucks.

5 minutes ago, Tarheel17 said:

Looks like I will be staying up for the Euro. It's a shame, if all of them were like the GFS, i'd just go to bed.

Exactly! I was about to close my laptop and call it a night, but then Wow comes in and says the Ukie and the CMC look encouraging. And now here I am staying up till 2 lol