January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Thanatos_I_Am said:

SE forum gonna love this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's far south and has the weakest s/w of the 4 runs today.  It also amplified the first wave the most of any run today.  That's probably not a coincidence.  

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

GA,MS, and AL weenies are popping the champagne right now. 

I think this is a slight step to the Euro honestly.  Slightly stronger first wave and weaker 2nd wave.  But it's a small step that's certainly could just be noise.  

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GA,MS, and AL weenies are popping the champagne right now. 

This would not be the first time areas South of us see snowfall first, not often, but it happens.  

There have been times in years past , several weeks to a month afterward,  our area got hit by a SECS after an event like this to our South. 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I think this is a slight step to the Euro honestly.  Slightly stronger first wave and weaker 2nd wave.  But it's a small step that's certainly could just be noise.  

After seeing the eps run I'm fairly certain that this was just a stepping stone to a light or non-event across the board. There's still time for the euro to swing back around but if we are staring at a cold dry solution 12z tomorrow then it's probably lights out. I'm pretty much there already but too early to call it. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

After seeing the eps run I'm fairly certain that this was just a stepping stone to a light or non-event across the board. There's still time for the euro to swing back around but if we are staring at a cold dry solution 12z tomorrow then it's probably lights out. I'm pretty much there already but too early to call it. 

If 0 EPS members have a similar solution (I think someone said that up thread), that should put some serious doubt on any big 2nd wave solution the GFS has.  

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

If 0 EPS members have a similar solution (I think someone said that up thread), that should put some serious doubt on any big 2nd wave solution the GFS has.  

Yea, it was an ugly eps run if you were hoping the 12z gfs solution was real. 

I will say that the EPS follows the op pretty close at d5-6. So IF the euro op did something with wave 2 tonight or tomorrow, the eps would jump all over it. 

Archived