Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Damn near identical. Once again one of the major models is going to fail miserably. I know which one i would put my money on.

The para doesn't close off the 500 low like the operational did so snow totals are much lower down south.  2" line grazes DC whereas the operational had the 6" line just south of DC.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Although it's going to cave soon and is likely wrong, I really hope the GFS scores one.  This would be huge.  I'll give it until 0z tonight at the latest.

Can you clean the dip**** from Connecticut out of here?

I don't give a **** about his snow.

Just looked over the Eps ensembles and I think we may be dismissing the 1'st wave out of hand. The look has steadily improved over the last 5 runs bringing a more distinct mean low closer to the coast. We now see a solid camp of members with a low just off of Cape Hatteras @ 90-96 hr that is moving NE and intensifying. This run has improved the snowfall mean in the NE sector of our region suggesting more influence from the low. We are also seeing an increase in precip from the east for the entire region also suggesting more of a coastal low influence. May be asking too much to have a decent impact for the metro region but if these trends continue it would not surprise me if the coastal and NE regions of out area can score a modest event.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Explain why. This is a forum. You are merely making yourself look bad. By reading this I can only imagine your lack of intelligence. Grow up and go to college.

Dude. 

I agree with the premise of everyone posting where they want, but you really need to look to BobChill's analogy.  Enough of this.  

Just now, stormtracker said:

Dude. 

I agree with the premise of everyone posting where they want, but you really need to look to BobChill's analogy.  Enough of this.  

I didnt do anything wrong. I was merely stating that we have an opportunity for a light to moderate event.

Definitely should not be writing off a potential weekend storm. There have been signals in the long range guidance for nearly two weeks. A lot of factors working with this setup and much time left for these pieces to come together and paint a clearer picture for the region. 

Archived