Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Seems like the envelope of solutions is narrowing.... doesn't look good here.

BOS PVD and SE of there look mostly wet. Maybe some places can grab an inch at the end... but it's possible it's just wet flakes... if anything 

It's an interior deal mostly I think. Maybe if the 3k nam is right you'll get a few inches in 1 hr lol. I'd still watch it. Gotta pay the piper sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's an interior deal mostly I think. Maybe if the 3k nam is right you'll get a few inches in 1 hr lol. I'd still watch it. Gotta pay the piper sometimes. 

Yeah..... I was mildly intrigued with the trends but it looks like too many things stacked against this area getting in on the action.

Ill definitely keep an eye out... because there is a shot we flip at the very end and could grab some minor accums 

sometimes these things precipitate hardest prior to reaching their greatest depth...  All the latent heat flux from lift/release adding lift means fall rates are high...then the pressure bottoms out a tad later.  

it's interesting to me that most guidance has this maxing near Portland Maine at around 970 to 975 depending... then it's actually filling some there after. It's like it gets a huge initial boost then from QPF mechanics as it's passing Boston's latitude - i dunno.

I think the models are going to be headachy for awhile. there's likely to be all kind of meso nuances f this thing up.... 

I'm really interested in how the dynamics can manufacture cold for interior areas in SNE to get a major snowstorm.   I think it happen with ease outside 495 but the X factor is 128.  I'm 2/3 of the way to 128 from the ocean-should be interesting and I do have 200 feet elevation whIch makes a small difference 

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm really interested in how the dynamics can manufacture cold for interior areas in SNE to get a major snowstorm.   I think it happen with ease outside 495 but the X factor is 128.  I'm 2/3 of the way to 128 from the ocean-should be interesting and I do have 200 feet elevation whIch makes a small difference 

Yep....128 belt is the hardest forecast right now. There's still time though. We won't get to the 24h mark until tomorrow's 18z runs really.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah that's the thing. We aren't really drawing colder air in until after it ends. It's always tough to depend on dynamics to get snow. It can happen though as the weenie solutions show. That's why NE CT to Ray are tough to forecast. It really depends on intensity.

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm a little surprised they are that bullish more than 48h out...I mean, I can totally see those numbers verifying, but if this thing pops just a little late, then a lot of those could be significantly too high as well.

That said, they label it as "most likely"...and the sooner pop of the low is probably "most likely"...so in that sense, I can't really fault the graph. But it could create some confusion if that is taken as a face value forecast.

Oh, I'm going to lock this in, so I can piss and moan about it when it doesn't verify. :lol:You've been warned.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I would chuckle if this thread amounted to this in SNE.

SnowAmt10Prcntl.png

It's definitely plausible. We are talking a matter of a few hours as the difference between meh and a big event.

I wouldn't be locking in big numbers outside of NH and Maine right now. If this develops a few hours later.... most of ma ct, etc... get very little 

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I would chuckle if this thread amounted to this in SNE.

SnowAmt10Prcntl.png

It would keep me you and Lurker in the top spots for SNE weenies.   (Mitch too) 

Blending GFS, Euro and NAM would certainly make that map look quite stingy though.  I've been riding the 6-8" train for out here since yesterday.  Anything more is gravy but this storm is moving quick. 

Archived