joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it goes over the Cape, drought busting rains that I would certainly take back this way if that verified.  Once again. I thought the trough looked a bit more progressive but Matthew also was more progressive and slightly further W due to the stronger high pressure to the east of the storm down near Florida. 

1 minute ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Will probably stay just offshore based on the angle coming off the NC Coast. We'll see.

Considering the trend (OP GFS model) One could debate a LF in FL. is almost certain. Finding hard to believe it skirts as depicted on 00Z. We'll see what the whole model suite has.  

14 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

That's probably the worse angle for LF and then tracking NNW. Resulting in hurricane force winds for a majority of the state. The weenie in me (on my left shoulder) f it bring it on. 

weaker side with down sloping bad but could get much worse with a West jog

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

weaker side with down sloping bad but could get much worse with a West jog

I'd rather see it come in lock stock and barrel. Kick the crap out of it instead of "blue balling, although FL alot of lakes, flat and probably not diminishing intensity.

That track would keep hurricane force winds >100 over coastal waters with gusts up to TS force inland.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

First no it's definitely now the time to watch. Second a direct hit isn't awesome. I could see a deal where the moisture is stripped north into New England and the main naked type swirl is forced out south of us. Drought busting rains seem likely

I think this is a very real possibility 

Archived