Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The more phased solutions have the mtn top snow. I'd root for that. 

It's just so far out there.  Can't even look at it till its near the Carolinas or something.  I'm sort of with Dendrite and Will, give it another 3-5 days and see where we are at.

Of course a direct New England hit would be awesome, but in the modeling world we are still *so* far away.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It's just so far out there.  Can't even look at it till its near the Carolinas or something.  I'm sort of with Dendrite and Will, give it another 3-5 days and see where we are at.

Of course a direct New England hit would be awesome, but in the modeling world we are still *so* far away.  

Don't look for four or five days....ok lets track the SAI that has zero relevance for a month, instead.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is anyone assuming Euro is right? It had this in the GOM at one point 

I believe the Euro is handling speed better and has had the shoot the gap between Cuba and Haiti for a while. The western moves are very troubling for Florida, after that a recurve hybrid Nor'easter or extensive pre rains seem more likely that a Hurricane

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

First no it's definitely now the time to watch. Second a direct hit isn't awesome. I could see a deal where the moisture is stripped north into New England and the main naked type swirl is forced out south of us. Drought busting rains seem likely

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I agree. I wish I could ignore it. But I can't. Hysteria started days ago. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

First no it's definitely now the time to watch. Second a direct hit isn't awesome. I could see a deal where the moisture is stripped north into New England and the main naked type swirl is forced out south of us. Drought busting rains seem likely

Seems to be a prime set up for PRE rains as the approaching trough and frontal zone causes that area of deformation which mixes with the rich tropical moisture to cause a very heavy rain band stretching SE to NW somewhere in the Northeast.  

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I agree. I wish I could ignore it. But I can't. Hysteria started days ago. 

For anybody interested in wx this storm is really really a case study, already setting duration records. As far as New England goes we are quickly approaching the time of interest. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anybody have links to proper Gfs resolution and not some 1 degree plot from other free sites? I know of earl barker. 

Are you looking for something like this:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model Guidance&model=GFS&area=NAMER&ps=model#

I am pretty sure this is the 1/4 degree GFS...Only the 1/4 degree GFS has hourly ouput.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Are you looking for something like this:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model Guidance&model=GFS&area=NAMER&ps=model#

I am pretty sure this is the 1/4 degree GFS...Only the 1/4 degree GFS has hourly ouput.

No it has the pressure too high. Earl barker and other sites are showing the mslp more truthfully. Many other sites  are .25 degree as well, but the data is still degraded.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Seems to be a prime set up for PRE rains as the approaching trough and frontal zone causes that area of deformation which mixes with the rich tropical moisture to cause a very heavy rain band stretching SE to NW somewhere in the Northeast.  

That is the part that scares me.  Not really interested in seeing how well the post Irene culvert upgrade works :)

Archived