joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP Models are still in la-la land. Ensembles, prudent way to look at this juncture. I'm keying on how far W this tracks, just not buying the sharp N turn. A few ticks W on longitude changes the game dramatically S to N out in time. Intensity is the wild-card in conjunction as to where the weakness develops in the steering currents.    

I think it's too early to make any definitive conclusions except the modeling has shifted east and somewhat slower and the Gulf of Mexico is now less likely.  Yes, there is less modeling showing a direct impact on the East Coast but there is still ensemble members showing a more direct impact and there's plenty of time for changes. Saying there is a 0% chance of an East Coast,  especially for an area like the Outer Banks, is definitely premature.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

No one should be posting in absolutes at this point

yeah, ...but is this statement of yours 'bargaining' ?   

like, is it somehow conciliatory that if one believes in that, that means there must then still be hope for a dystopian high?  

:)   i'm just bustin balls - but there is some perverted truth in there just the same.

i think the 'absolute' nature of those posts are motivated because folks are seeing the negative potential here - heh, it is what it is.

i will say that the patten et al and in the large scope is very uncorrelated to historic inference - to put it nicely...  it direct terms? WRONG. 

but, as Scott or whom ever that was intimated, there is still a lot of time to change it back to the 'denude NYC off the face of the planet' vision of sugarplums the previous model ideas sparked in the presently bereived imaginations..  

need that trough out around 110 W to not be negatively tilted W of ORD like that..  that means by pure wave-space arguments alone that there is ridging right where the previous track ideas were lane before.  that is an evolved change over since about 2 days ago... but again, it could all be modulated back toward something similar to the previous idea - sure... and no, that is not bargaining ;)  

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, ...but is this statement of yours 'bargaining' ?   

like, is it somehow conciliatory that if one believes in that, that means there must then still be hope for a dystopian high?  

:)   i'm just bustin balls - but there is some perverted truth in there just the same.

i think the 'absolute' nature of those posts are motivated because folks are seeing the negative potential here - heh, it is what it is.

i will say that the patten et al and in the large scope is very uncorrelated to historic inference - to put it nicely...  it direct terms? WRONG. 

but, as Scott or whom ever that was intimated, there is still a lot of time to change it back to the 'denude NYC off the face of the planet' vision of sugarplums the previous model ideas sparked in the presently bereived imaginations..  

need that trough out around 110 W to not be negatively tilted W of ORD like that..  that means by pure wave-space arguments alone that there is ridging right where the previous track ideas were lane before.  that is an evolved change over since about 2 days ago... but again, it could all be modulated back toward something similar to the previous idea - sure... and no, that is not bargaining ;)  

Yeah, And it was opposite yesterday and a day or two back when most guidance was showing a LI-Block LF, Jury is still out this far in time, Just like in winter, Its a timing and thread the needle deal, You have the GFS and Euro in two vastly different camps so you really can't say one way or the other if it hits or fish until there is more model consensus and we won't be seeing that for at least a few more days, Meanwhile, We watch, We wait.............;)

Archived