Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

64 kt flight level wind. NHC will keep stratus swirls named, but go from an invest to a 50kt TS. LOL.

in their defense ... they did say multiple times that the system was likely to be upgraded to TD or directly to TS status upon recon fixing ... 

plus, i've also noticed a distinct tonality shift on NHC for/when systems are nearing "meaningful" threat criteria - which includes, actually imposing any on man. heh.  seriously.. they let DIVORAC entities ride out in midst of the Sargasso Sea and beyond and only seem to pull the trigger on cataloging if the feature gets very obvious.   but, if a cumulous cloud start rotating 300 miles west of the FL Keys they got an orange-x'er. 

Regardless if it gets shredded by the islands it should remain a potent system one way or another.  Some solutions are scary for Florida or somewhere up the east coast.  Looking less like a fish storm.   I just hope it brings drought denting/ending rain up here.  As much as l like 'canes I don't want to see deaths or destruction like a Hazel, 38 or even Sanday.  Weakened tropical system flying up the coast would be fine for me....

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Only 228 hours out...almost time to put up the warnings.

hahaha - oh man... 

still, i'm personally impressed that the models are so unanimous and most importantly, have been for like three days when talking about 180+ time leads. , obviously that can be the case and still have this thing end up over Houston ..sure.   But, Sandy did this in the models.  Let's keep that in mind; sometimes these bigger sort of physical presence in the numerical guidance will "weather the storm" of modeling noise ... get picked up way ahead with some consistency (and for lack of better word, "feel").  Sandy had that.   So did the Super Storm 1993...

Not sure this thing has the feel (so to speak) just yet, but that consistency in the runs at least through 120 hours is ominous as far as whatever implications that has... Haiti and the outer Bahamas perhaps. 

whatever happens up the coast is likely ...well, IS coming down to accurately handling the fore-vision of the flow medium in the 110 - 70 W longitudes.   

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

hahaha - oh man... 

still, i'm personally impressed that the models are so unanimous and most importantly, have been for like three days when talking about 180+ time leads. , obviously that can be the case and still have this thing end up over Houston ..sure.   But, Sandy did this in the models.  Let's keep that in mind; sometimes these bigger sort of physical presence in the numerical guidance "weather the storm" of modeling noise ... get picked up way ahead with some consistency (and for lack of better word, "feel").  Sandy had that.   So did the Super Storm 1993...    

Yep....

Archived