• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Hermine Impacts

Zelocita Weather

New NHC track only nudges the track to the west a bit - my guess is they want to see another suite of model runs confirming the unusual retrograde forecast before pulling the trigger on major track changes.  Since the worst conditions still wouldn't be until Sunday night/Monday am, I guess their thinking is there's still time to adjust west if the trend continues.  They did extend the TS warnings up to Sandy Hook. 

[Image of 5-day forecast of predicted track, and coastal areas under a warning or a watch]

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/093924.shtml?5day#contents

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

New NHC track only nudges the track to the east a bit - my guess is they want to see another suite of model runs confirming the unusual retrograde forecast before pulling the trigger on major track changes.  Since the worst conditions still wouldn't be until Sunday night/Monday am, I guess their thinking is there's still time to adjust west if the trend continues.  They did extend the TS warnings up to Sandy Hook. 

[Image of 5-day forecast of predicted track, and coastal areas under a warning or a watch]

I believe you meant to say they nudged the track to the WEST a bit?

But it also shows the first sign of a curve back towards the coast.

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Looks like the NHC has some trust in Euro's idea. I think the beaches are going to get a lot more damage than most believe. 

NHC may just end up tossing this to the NWS offices again as with Sandy claiming its a just a Noreaster at that point.  I'm not so sure how easy that is going to be though given they have put warnings out for NJ already.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

NHC may just end up tossing this to the NWS offices again as with Sandy claiming its a just a Noreaster at that point.  I'm not so sure how easy that is going to be though given they have put warnings out for NJ already.

they already stated they will not be doing that

1 minute ago, Epicnova said:

What are the chances of Hermine heading towards/into New England with storm/hurricane conditions?

Not much unless you are on the Cape/Islands/South coast.   The blocking high will prevent it from moving that far north.  Models in pretty good agreement on that piece.

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The NHC's discussion suggested otherwise:

After Hermine becomes a post-tropical cyclone, NHC will
continue to issue its full suite of advisory and warning products
for as long as the system remains a significant threat to land.[/i]

15 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Would Pelham Bay or City Island be a good spot to chase to Sunday?

NE winds will push water out of there. I think if you want to see coastal flooding, head towards Little Neck Bay area or western Nassau County like Port Washington or Glen Cove area like Tappen Beach.

9 minutes ago, ag3 said:

NE winds will push water out of there. I think if you want to see coastal flooding, head towards Little Neck Bay area or western Nassau County like Port Washington or Glen Cove area like Tappen Beach.

Im in Port Wash. I fell this will be worse (flooding) than Sandy was. Not that Sandy was all that bad for us in terms of water.

13 minutes ago, ag3 said:

You're severely understating the risk to the south shore.  

17 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

You can come to my area :)

28 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Would Pelham Bay or City Island be a good spot to chase to Sunday?

I'm in Throggs neck right near the bridge . if the storm surge is anything above 4-5 feet . it's going to be very interesting around here . Anybody remember the storm surge in the western part of the LI Sound during sandy ? 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived