Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder if Dave can't sleep the night before the drought monitor is issued. Like, actually keeps getting up a night....heart beating with excitement wondering what it will look like. Just picture the feeling you had as a kid on Christmas Eve night or before a massive blizzard. That's how he feels. I could see him printing out and scotch taping each of these maps on his ceiling, gazing up at night and staring at it.

He just deleted his account

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Aren't you fond of an old saying about the rivers having to fill before winter can begin in earnest?

Yes sir, anecdotal stuff, but when I was just starting out raising a family living on a farm, an old Yankee Farmer used to toss about knowledge of living off the land. He told me that old wives tale about the cold not settling in until the rivers were at bankfull. Pretty much seems to hold. It is funny you mentioned this, I was thinking about that when I saw that pond today, in fact I told my wife a month or so ago as we were eating lunch there that as long as that pond stayed low cold would not stay for long.

Jesus...I just had a deer tick crawling around on the surface of my jeans after a short time outside picking up some fallen branches and twigs. I thought tick season was over after numerous hard freezes over the past few weeks and overnight lows last night in the upper 20s. At first I thought it was just some random small black bug crawling around on me since I have the window open on this unseasonably warm day, but nope, it was a tick. Glad I caught it.

5 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

Jesus...I just had a deer tick crawling around on the surface of my jeans after a short time outside picking up some fallen branches and twigs. I thought tick season was over after numerous hard freezes over the past few weeks and overnight lows last night in the upper 20s. At first I thought it was just some random small black bug crawling around on me since I have the window open on this unseasonably warm day, but nope, it was a tick. Glad I caught it.

I've learned tick season is never over. A warm day or two and the suckers are right back. I'm having my doubts about black flies being only seasonal too. :axe:

Archived