Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Learn somethings, stay updated with Scientific discovery. Remember when you didn't believe that the Sun  had much influence on hemispheric patterns. I do

I've said the opposite. There are solar connections.  But the voodoo from the moon needs to be reeled in a bit. The causes of earthquakes are much deeper than tides. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I've said the opposite. There are solar connections.  But the voodoo from the moon needs to be reeled in a bit. The causes of earthquakes are much deeper than tides. 

So scientific studies and hydrological connections are voodoo ? No Scott you made posts many years ago calling solar a minor player .  I remember it very well in fact after a couple of years you admitted you underestimated the effects. It's all good though we all learn and adapt and investigate the alternative answers constantly through out our lives. You also missed the point of the study I linked .  When a tipping point is reached higher tidal pressures  are often the catalyst needed ,hence the biggest quakes seem to be triggered during times of high tidal pressure . 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

So scientific studies and hydrological connections are voodoo ? No Scott you made posts many years ago calling solar a minor player .  I remember it very well in fact after a couple of years you admitted you underestimated the effects. It's all good though we all learn and adapt and investigate the alternative answers constantly through out our lives. You also missed the point of the study I linked .  When a tipping point is reached higher tidal pressures  are often the catalyst needed ,hence the biggest quakes seem to be triggered during times of high tidal pressure . 

I don't agree at all. There is a difference with solar being a factor vs someone heavily overrating it. I've always said it's a factor. It shouldn't be the end all be all though. Get out there and drop your draws for this moon. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm here at work on a quiet night doing training on our coming National Blend of Models (to be used for days 2 through 7). I'm mildly concerned that I haven't seen the ECMWF mentioned once yet.

So for you fans of the GFS out there. Enjoy!

I'm enjoying both.  I'm planning to go up to Bath between Saturday-Tuesday.  I'm thinking GC might have a better shot of snow.  It's only 8 days out.  :)

I'll take the 60s too. I still have a lot of coop work to do. Sorry Kev. ;)

Pretty strong inversion this morning and I crept just below it after midnight. The low was 26.7F here at 615ft, but the Tilton guy at 866ft only made it to a brief 38F. Go up another 500ft or so and Gunstock only got down to 46F. We're well mixed now though and well into the 50s everywhere.

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

I'm with you. Nov snow never contributes to a pack, so keep it comfortable and keep heating bills in check. Once December comes around, the game changes.

Even here it's rare (twice in 18 winters, 02-03 and 14-15) for Novie snow to keep the ground continuously white into midwinter.  Looks like no chance for that this year.

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

I'll take the 60s too. I still have a lot of coop work to do. Sorry Kev. ;)

Pretty strong inversion this morning and I crept just below it after midnight. The low was 26.7F here at 615ft, but the Tilton guy at 866ft only made it to a brief 38F. Go up another 500ft or so and Gunstock only got down to 46F. We're well mixed now though and well into the 50s everywhere.

Ekster and I will keep playing golf through Thanksgiving if the weather allows it.

Predictably model guidance fails hard on that stuff. MOS tends to overdo the inversion, and raw model guidance tends to over mix. 

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Anyone think that the storm this weekend could be epic for Buffalo and want to go snow chasing?  I will pay for gas and the trip, we can stay at my grandmothers condo.

Little early for that James but if it comes to Fruition id love to meet up with ya for a drink or something. Been reading your post for a few years now and loved your enthusiasm about weather events especially when I was living in Rhode Island. 

Archived