amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a sheet of ice out there this morning at the Pit.  LOL at the dog who went bounding out and immediately lost her footing when she stepped onto the deck. It looks like nearly everywhere else was above freezing, but I and a couple nearby stations dropped below freezing (I think we're the only places that did per the pdfamily map)--I got to 29*.  I did notice when I went to get wood last night that all the stars were out--maybe that was enough to let us radiate a bit.

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Drove back roads (that's all we have) from Hardwick to my house last night.  I can't recall ever driving in fog as bad as that before.   Had to crawl at times...  so tiring

And it all froze up here.  Still 29, but with the sun poking through, I'm sure it will melt quickly.

46 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Drove back roads (that's all we have) from Hardwick to my house last night.  I can't recall ever driving in fog as bad as that before.   Had to crawl at times...  so tiring

Drove home from work last night at 245 AM and yea wow that sucked after an 18 hr shift .  Now for this long weekend Woot

Quite the variable conditions out there.  I just drove back from Greenfield where it was solid overcast, drove through dense fog coming up route 2 out of the valley and arrived back to sun at the Pit.  I'll take the sun....

Ice has melted here, but the trees are glistening just down the road, so I think they're still iced a bit there.

Archived