Newest Member
    joxey
August 2016 Discussion/Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

Two years ago almost to the day (Aug 11th) I was there for my honeymoon. what a great place. Hows that view of Lanai across the water? Still wonderful I assume. 

It's amazing. Here on our honeymoon. Staying on Maui until Saturday and then it's off to Ohau for a week.

14 minutes ago, Treckasec said:

Was about to post about how I was surprised there wasn't a tornado warning on that cell! Nice supercell with rotation for a few hours.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Amazing.  I'm in Holtsville, looking out the window all day while working and my boss asks me "you know anything about this tornado warning?"  I check NOAA, and there it is.  Then I check the news but I don't see anything on the news yet. 

Crazy!

I try not to complain on this board but wow did the south shore get screwed today. I think it's evident that south shore summer droughts even effect tree type and growth. Just take the northern state through northern Nassau for reference. 100' plus tulip trees, sweet Gums, ashes, oaks and many more. That area sits on the axis of the coastal front. We had a beautiful tulip tree stand in wantagh just south of wantagh high school growing up. 20+ trees over 100' and they all died during the drought of August 98. 

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Very little rain here today on what suppose to be a wet day. Better not be awful tomorrow as the forecast was for less of a chance of rain then today 

most models showed mostly dry south of NYC-they shifted north with the precip over the last 24-28 hrs.  Use the models instead of some % based forecast.

Archived