joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thingy

H2O

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen.  The season that seems to never end.

NBA and NHL are worse as far as how long the seasons go.

I'm in La Crosse Wisconsin this week for a company meeting. We got moved from the La Crosse center today because there's an orangutan show or something going on today

Head up towards the NWS building if you have a car.  Decent views from the bluffs.  You can get mornings where the fog completely envelops the river valley but it is clear and sunny up top.

NBA and NHL are worse as far as how long the seasons go.

Head up towards the NWS building if you have a car.  Decent views from the bluffs.  You can get mornings where the fog completely envelops the river valley but it is clear and sunny up top.

They are way too long too, but 162 regular season games is ridiculous.

Good luck.

I only have 100 losses to look forward too.

I am a Nats fan (secondary) though.  They should have a good season.

I was super excited about today but the stupid Yankees found yet another way to botch things by raining out.  After a tough 5+ years, it's good to be an Astros fan again.  The 100 loss years only suck a little less if the plan the org has to turn things around seems legit.  Good luck with that.

The timing of the warmth/cold this March/April has been less than ideal for those of us with M-F desk jobs. The weekends have been pretty cold/****ty and the warmth has seemingly been centered mid-week. Best day I had in the last month was the day I took off on the Wednesday before Easter to take my son to see the cherry blossoms - beautiful day - and it got cold over that weekend of course, per usual for this spring.

The timing of the warmth/cold this March/April has been less than ideal for those of us with M-F desk jobs. The weekends have been pretty cold/****ty and the warmth has seemingly been centered mid-week. Best day I had in the last month was the day I took off on the Wednesday before Easter to take my son to see the cherry blossoms - beautiful day - and it got cold over that weekend of course, per usual for this spring.

Truth.

Just mowed my lawn. I still managed to break a sweat even with the cool breezes. Sun angle season. Chores are done. Time to catch a trout for dinner. I've had terrible luck the last week or so. Not one single trout on the stringer. If I was in survival mode I would be dead. 

Just mowed my lawn. I still managed to break a sweat even with the cool breezes. Sun angle season. Chores are done. Time to catch a trout for dinner. I've had terrible luck the last week or so. Not one single trout on the stringer. If I was in survival mode I would be dead. 

cool mornings have really slowed grass growth.  I have cut twice but mainly to just even things up as some places have grown a lot while others are still slow.

My debate team won state and we are trying to raise money to go to nationals the end of May. We're an inner city public school with little funding so it's a struggle and they are two great kids in a very difficult school so I really want to give them the chance to go. If you could share our go fund me page with anyone that might help I would really appreciate it. Every dollar helps. Thank you. Sorry if it's not ok to post this here and if so just delete it.

gofundme.com/98xd5p4k

There may be only one way to keep these forums somewhat active over coming months...pattern recognition for localized TC impacts! Any takers? Interested in adding another subforum Ian?

500mb anomaly during D.C. TC impacts

comphour.WMyEFjC3Ms.gif

Aug to Oct SSTAs for D.C. TC Impacts

GOJBI8hFaD.png

Archived