• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thingy

H2O

If anyone on here details their cars I highly recommend Blackfire Total Polish and Seal followed up with a layer of Blackfire Crystal Seal. I've been using it for a couple years and I've never used anything that is so easy to use that works so damn well. Once every six months and the paint always looks like glass.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone on here details their cars I highly recommend Blackfire Total Polish and Seal followed up with a layer of Blackfire Crystal Seal. I've been using it for a couple years and I've never used anything that is so easy to use that works so damn well. Once every six months and the paint always looks like glass.

I've got an odd question for you. I've been trying to find a product to use on the oxidized shutters of my house. Any chance that the Blackfire will renew the vinyl and bring back the original color?

Took the opportunity to go out for a walk today. I thought I'd do a quick loop around the area by the Capitol, but I walked all the way past the Lincoln Memorial and went to Arlington. It is amazing how beautiful this area is. People from every state and all over the world come here. Being at the WWII memorial with a group of veterans for a while was probably the highlight of the day.

That's a good day.

I've got an odd question for you. I've been trying to find a product to use on the oxidized shutters of my house. Any chance that the Blackfire will renew the vinyl and bring back the original color?

Marine 303 is the plastic/rubber/vinyl elixir. I use it on everything. Blows away armor all and everything else. Fade can be permanent though and cant be restored so it depends on the damage. Buy a bottle of 303 and test it. It won't go to waste either way. I use it to detail all car plastic and rubber. Incredible stuff.

I've always thought that it is pretty dumb that the NFL sunday ticket is only on DirectTV and also dumb to not have PPV for all NFL games. PPV makes the most sense. The majority of NFL fans are only interested in their team and will watch whatever else in on nationally. Sunday ticket isn't necessary. I would think there is a lot of money to be made in the PPV market. They could still black out PPV in home markets so ticket sales wouldn't be affected. I'd gladly pay $250/yr for just my team's NFL games. 

I know it's big business and contracts and such but it all seems illogical. NFL should part ways with DirectTV or require them to offer the Sunday ticket to everyone. Right now you can get the ticket if you live in an area that can't support DirectTV or if putting up a dish won't work. It all seems dumb to me either way. 

One simple reason. DirecTv pay the NFL 1.5 BILLION dollars a year to be the exclusive home. No way they make that back selling individual games on all cable and satellite outlets. Any real sports fan i know only has DirecTv because of the Sunday Ticket. I would rather skip air than the Sunday Ticket.

Marine 303 is the plastic/rubber/vinyl elixir. I use it on everything. Blows away armor all and everything else. Fade can be permanent though and cant be restored so it depends on the damage. Buy a bottle of 303 and test it. It won't go to waste either way. I use it to detail all car plastic and rubber. Incredible stuff.

Thanks, Bob!  I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

So how are people with allergies doing?

Awful. Have woken up with horrible dry sinuses and sandpaper mouth. The kiddo is a snot factory right now and won't stop sneezing.

Thankfully Claritin helps me a lot. Actually bought children's Claritin to have her try to see if it helps, non-decongestant version.

I don't have bad allergies, but I can certainly feel it in my sinus/throat area.

Same here. Just wait until the infinite-life cicadas invade next month! :snorkle:

eta: I guess the critters aren't actually supposed to impact our areas this year. (I'm no eco expert)

Just a saw a bright fireball towards the northeast!

looking at jupiter were you? 

funny you saw one -- saw all over twitter last night in the south somewhere (alabama maybe?) people were out looking at the ISS pass over and saw a fireball too. 

Thanks, Bob!  I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

The best part of 303 is it's sunblock for rubber/plastic/vinyl. Put it on everything that gets hit by the sun. I really like it on the inside of my cars. No oily/slippery shine like armor all. Basically just makes everything look brand new again. I put it on my grill cover because they always get destroyed by the sun. The cover I have now is 5 years old and looks new. Crazy good stuff and cheap too. 

I was in CO last week on the front range.  Decided to head up into the foothills on a drive.  Had been to Nederland before, but not anywhere else.  Followed what was supposed to be a scenic drive, but just ended up being me going 20 mph on a dirt road trying not to get myself killed.  Along that route I went past the little town of Pinecliffe.  Turns out, I should have stuck around.

Total Snowfall

County

4 SSE PINECLIFFE

JEFFERSON

13 NW GOLDEN

JEFFERSON

8 N BLACK HAWK

GILPIN

5 W CONIFER

JEFFERSON

3 WSW CONIFER

JEFFERSON

ST MARYS GLACIER

CLEAR CREEK

2 NNE ASPEN SPRINGS

GILPIN

2 SE EVERGREEN

JEFFERSON

The best part of 303 is it's sunblock for rubber/plastic/vinyl. Put it on everything that gets hit by the sun. I really like it on the inside of my cars. No oily/slippery shine like armor all. Basically just makes everything look brand new again. I put it on my grill cover because they always get destroyed by the sun. The cover I have now is 5 years old and looks new. Crazy good stuff and cheap too. 

good to know! my husband needs to get a new one. we haven't had one last more than a year since moving to the house. this one was totally destroyed by the blizzard/winds, which was a result of it getting so sun damaged. 

I wish that I had known about this stuff when I put my shutters on my house ten years ago.  They are looking pretty washed out by the sun now, so I'll give the 303 a try to see if it renews it.  If not, I'll slowly replace the old shutters and put this stuff on occasionally to minimize sun damage.

looking at jupiter were you? 

funny you saw one -- saw all over twitter last night in the south somewhere (alabama maybe?) people were out looking at the ISS pass over and saw a fireball too. 

Haha, no.  Totally different part of the sky. 

Where do you buy it?

Where do you buy it?

Amazon or any marine store. Theres over 1400 reviews on amazon with a 4.7 rating. Less than 20 bucks for 32oz spray bottle. Goes a long ways. I even detail and the rubber and plastic in car engine bays. My wife's car is 2 years old and the motor looks brand new. Its great for platic headlights. Zero oxidation for years. I'm such a geek about this stuff. Lol.

Archived