joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someday you'll figure out that not everyone here has their eyeball glued to DC.

It's not much of a noticeable shift in the DC area, yeah, so I see what you mean.  As you said in your previous post, the 0.25" contour did shift notably east from what I saw.  Looked like the precip  overall had a slight eastward shift, but hard to say how significant that is.

Looking over the 12Z runs and we are really close to a good outcome. I can see several areas where a very minor tweak could tip this whole thing in our favor. Still sticking with my idea of a 1 to 3 but will definitely keep track of the next few runs to see if we can roll a seven vs. crapping out.

Looking over the 12Z runs and we are really close to a good outcome. I can see several areas where a very minor tweak could tip this whole thing in our favor. Still sticking with my idea of a 1 to 3 but will definitely keep track of the next few runs to see if we can roll a seven vs. crapping out.

that chance is knocking on the door with the NAM...would like to see it move...its now or never

well it's sorta mainly the zone between the spots that get precip mostly from the northern wave and then the main low. good luck figuring that one out.

but that northern wave is going to keep the shield from expanding super far north/northwest and also tend to keep the low from amplifying.. just not sure how we can get a way better solution from this range. but the north trend is usually real so there's that.

It's very easy actually.

Psu-

Good points earlier in regards to shield orientation/development of miller As vs. Bs. Thanks for the info

I'm not a big fan or the srefs at this lead. They seem to do a common waffling deal like this between 24-36 hours. Been watching that all winter. Not scientific, just anecdotal

Euro many many times under does the precip shield. I understand development is later and not miller A. But even if this thing spins-up a little harder a little earlier, we'll get banded based on the current spot most guidance has us now.

I still think 2-3 for nova in general with the upside during now cast time of 4-5 if this thing decides to do its happy dance a touch earlier. It's march.. Sometimes these coastal waves like to intensify quicker. Seen it before

Archived