Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dreaded words... 'SNOW HOLE'

well it's sorta mainly the zone between the spots that get precip mostly from the northern wave and then the main low. good luck figuring that one out.

but that northern wave is going to keep the shield from expanding super far north/northwest and also tend to keep the low from amplifying.. just not sure how we can get a way better solution from this range. but the north trend is usually real so there's that.

It's worse than last night for the burbs and cities. The heavy stuff now into SMD. That's the big difference. 

What's worse about it? Northern Maryland is lower by maybe .5" but the southern swath has trended closer to many of us. It's identical imby fwiw.

Euro is a hair norther and wetter but it's in the noise level. However in this range I'd expect it would expect that north tick.

But does the euro expect you to expect it's expected shift. If you only look at this run I agree it's noise however when you see the steady trend each of the last 4 runs north and more amplified it becomes something more definitive. It's subtle run to run but there. Most importantly it's now close enough to give us a shot. Long shot but we only need a 50-75 mile adjustment now with 48 hours to go not 150 miles.

But does the euro expect you to expect it's expected shift. If you only look at this run I agree it's noise however when you see the steady trend each of the last 4 runs north and more amplified it becomes something more definitive. It's subtle run to run but there. Most importantly it's now close enough to give us a shot. Long shot but we only need a 50-75 mile adjustment now with 48 hours to go not 150 miles.

I hope it gets bigger. Waking up at 5a to cover a dusting will make me angry.

It's more like 30-36 hours to go, isn't it? Anyway, this is all about expectations...most think 1-3" that's more than likely going to be the case, maybe we get surprised but it's not likely.

I would take 2 inches in a heartbeat.... just enough to cover the trees and make everything beautiful  

mainly because the drier "hole" got shifted north with the run. the main shield is certainly closer.

that's the risk. As the coastal gets closer we will get stuck in the dead zone subsidence just outside the developing Ccb if the trend stops now. I'm fine with giving up 1-3" for a shot at more but we're now at risk for nothing. The models are notorious for overdoing qpf just outside the best banding with these systems. I think if we don't get into the developing coastal we probably just get some periods of light snow in the evening from the initial wave with very little accumulation. That will shut off quick as the southern system takes over.

Never mind saw. Srefs took a step back. Really can't afford any wrong moves right now. Just a sign that the trend may be over. Gfs and gefs was a step down 12z from 6z. Some of the guidance that was south shifted north a bit in line. Srefs backed off a bit. Signs are things have settled on a solution and it's the worst possible one for us. Lol

that's the risk. As the coastal gets closer we will get stuck in the dead zone subsidence just outside the developing Ccb if the trend stops now. I'm fine with giving up 1-3" for a shot at more but we're now at risk for nothing. The models are notorious for overdoing qpf just outside the best banding with these systems. I think if we don't get into the developing coastal we probably just get some periods of light snow in the evening from the initial wave with very little accumulation. That will shut off quick as the southern system takes over.

This. Sort of like an all or nothing scenario (though we'll still probably get more than nothing... but it's likely to amount to not much more than nothing unless the subtle NW shift continues).

Never mind saw. Srefs took a step back. Really can't afford any wrong moves right now. Just a sign that the trend may be over. Gfs and gefs was a step down 12z from 6z. Some of the guidance that was south shifted north a bit in line. Srefs backed off a bit. Signs are things have settled on a solution and it's the worst possible one for us. Lol

Yeah, looks like a shift to the east with the precip., though not sure how much that means...

09Z:

sref_namer_063_precip_p24.gif

...and 15Z:

sref_namer_057_precip_p24.gif

Archived