Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks take ea model run very personal

Just because some gets irritated doesn't mean its personal.

Scott is a great friend, I just took the post out of context.

NBD.

This place does like to break balls on busted calls, though....no denying :lol:

Funny thing was, I still made my 2-5" range from 6 days out hahaha

Just because some gets irritated doesn't mean its personal.

Scott is a great friend, I just took the post out of context.

NBD.

This place does like to break balls on busted calls, though....no denying :lol:

Funny thing was, I still made my 2-5" range from 6 days out hahaha

Well that was a general statement and not directed at any one person, But some worry where storms are going to track 8 days out instead of just monitoring the threat remains on the models, That is really all i like to see at this time frame, But it is the model thread so discussing ea run is ok as long as no one tries to lock it up........lol

Well that was a general statement and not directed at any one person, But some worry where storms are going to track 8 days out instead of just monitoring the threat remains on the models, That is really all i like to see at this time frame, But it is the model thread so discussing ea run is ok as long as no one tries to lock it up........lol

It will drive me nuts if this next one is a rainer, but at least baseball is now entering the fray....if this final stanza gets ugly, I have the benefit of just checking out and prepping for my draft.

Just make a cameo to grade my outlook in April.

It almost was better back in the day of just looking at the ETA and AVN, then seeing the NGM when a threat was within 48 hours. It seemed so much simpler back then, haha. Now we've got models and ensembles up the wazoo so there's never a missed threat...and we see and obsess over every 120-240+ hour chance that 10-15 years ago wouldn't have gotten any thought because you didn't know it was there, haha.

Now we are like "I really like the set up around day 12." Back then it was like, "That set up on Thursday is interesting, ETA showing something at 72hrs, but I'd like to see it remain within 36-48 hours to get confident."

It almost was better back in the day of just looking at the ETA and AVN, then seeing the NGM when a threat was within 48 hours. It seemed so much simpler back then, haha. Now we've got models and ensembles up the wazoo so there's never a missed threat...and we see and obsess over every 120-240+ hour chance that 10-15 years ago wouldn't have gotten any thought because you didn't know it was there, haha.

Now we are like "I really like the set up around day 12." Back then it was like, "That set up on Thursday is interesting, ETA showing something at 72hrs, but I'd like to see it remain within 36-48 hours to get confident."

Its true, And the models are still not much better until we get to hr 72  lol

Archived