Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22/21. SN.

Going on a few hours of moderate intensity, high density dendrites now.

Totals won't be impressive in the morning, 2-3" here, maybe more in the hills, but the people who b!tched all day about blown forecast will get to b!tch again about dense snow to move and/or drive in to start their day.

We'll bust a little low on their totals but BOX nailed the late evening fun for this area.

I'm content considering I expected a miss 3 days ago.

4.8 IMBY in North Andover. About 10-11in it total from this storm and 6ish left over from the 8.5in last storm. Easy to pick out the stratification from a hard crust in the middle. Front yard (north side) was a lot less. Maybe the snow gets blown over the house to the south side? Had some 5-5.5in on that south side of house but if I averaged the lower amounts on the north side it's a mid-high 4. So 4.8in. Scattered oaks surround the house so might be a little more all together if they weren't there. Looks like we might pick up another couple tenths, if that, as things are winding down. 

4.8 IMBY in North Andover. About 10-11in it total from this storm and 6ish left over from the 8.5in last storm. Easy to pick out the stratification from a hard crust in the middle. Front yard (north side) was a lot less. Maybe the snow gets blown over the house to the south side? Had some 5-5.5in on that south side of house but if I averaged the lower amounts on the north side it's a mid-high 4. So 4.8in. Scattered oaks surround the house so might be a little more all together if they weren't there. Looks like we might pick up another couple tenths, if that, as things are winding down. 

:weenie:

Verification time as things begin to wind down.

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Danbury, CT

Yesterday, 03:07 PM

my final call, for fun as always, for selected areas:

In state:

DXR: 2" - low

BDR: 2" - ok

HVN: 5" - ok

BDL: 4" - ok

IJD: 7" - high

Out of state:

ORH: 9" - high