joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looks like garbage up here right now

Dry air is killing us up here.  

MPV at 1,200ft has been under some good echos even borderline moderate, but 10 minutes ago is 25/0 with 30% RH.

Hey at least getting virga is an upgrade on this winter.  Big step in the right direction.  Even if it doesn't make it to the surface, we can at least watch the radar change colors.

Dry air is killing us up here.

MPV at 1,200ft has been under some good echos even borderline moderate, but 10 minutes ago is 25/0 with 30% RH.

Hey at least getting virga is an upgrade on this winter. Big step in the right direction. Even if it doesn't make it to the surface, we can at least watch the radar change colors.

attachicon.gifFeb_8_radar.gif

It has that shredded look over here after we saturated, Maybe it fills in later, We shall see

According to BOX, blizzard conditions met at six sites...

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201602082238-KBOX-NOUS41-PNSBOX

Also noticed this tidbit on the 4:30 discussion...

"One possible contributing factor to varying quantitative precipitation forecast solutions from the models leading up to this event was the lack of special 06z/18z soundings/balloon launches leading up to the developing ocean storm along with the lack of any dropsondes from aircraft."

You think a storm this big they would have some additional investigation, I guess that only happens for potential blizzards in DC/NYC ;-)

Met hobbyist question. What caused that dry down burst of winds this morning. I saw the pressure drops,all I can imagine is like dropping a rock in a pond the biggest wave is the first. By far way above any other winds we had today.

It was def noticeable and actually woke me at some point. Gravity wave like thing with no snow?

Archived