joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Para euro has a 2 low progression with the first off the coast and the second takes a perfect track. Looks like the midlevels are dicey though. Snow totals are much less than the op. 2-5" until you get to I-81. It's a good run though. Supports a nice tracking coastal. 

It closes off a 500 low for a short period with the second low.   If that were to occur and track just to our south it would be fun for many.  Still you  can't say much about the storm except that we'll probably see some precipitation. 

It closes off a 500 low for a short period with the second low.   If that were to occur and track just to our south it would be fun for many.  Still you  can't say much about the storm except that we'll probably see some precipitation. 

I just looked at h5. Nice little ball just below us. Today was nothing more than keeping hope alive. I actually had little hope until today so it's nice to see time close in and solutions trend better. Feels like a NW event though. I'll be glad with any accum snow if it happens. 

Lol GFS is just super super wet, 3-4" precip up the 95 corridor from Richmond to Boston, light back end snows. Tough one to swallow. GFS Ensembles are marginally better, more so colder than snowier than 12z mean, GFS Op is the wettest out of all its members by far, their is 2 complete whiffs and 3 more fairly dry members. Actually GFS Mean is a good bit drier than 12z, 3 rather good snow solutions in there.

The first high has no 50/50 low to tie it down, the second high is too late, lousy setup.    If we can get the low over hudsons bay a couple hundred miles southeast it will be a whole different story. An H7 low still manages to close off at 174hrs in a good spot on the GFS

Lol GFS is just super super wet, 3-4" precip up the 95 corridor from Richmond to Boston, light back end snows. Tough one to swallow.

Well thankfully it's the 18z GFS 6-7 days away so no one should be worrying that it's correct. I don't understand why people take it as the truth.

And I'll stick with the EPS for now :)

I got nothing to lose by guessing 6" to 10" for the mid-Atlantic next Wednesday evening.

I remember that fondly. That's the day my son was born at the house. He's a snow kid from birth! :D

I remember that storm fondly as well - I was in Salisbury during the early afternoon and it was a beautiful, sunny, nearly 60 degree day.  On the way back north up Rt. 50, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees and the you could see the cloud deck rolling in.  The next day was a wonderful cold snow.

Did you hear?  Justice Scalia died!

Apologies for a little banter in this thread, but I admit, I LOL'ed when I saw this response.

Damn...and to think I just found out that Truman actually defeated Dewey.  Next you'll tell me that Rosebud was the name of Kane's sled.

But seriously (or not so seriously), yeah, the JMA was good.  But it's the JMA.

Apologies for a little banter in this thread, but I admit, I LOL'ed when I saw this response.

Damn...and to think I just found out that Truman actually defeated Dewey.  Next you'll tell me that Rosebud was the name of Kane's sled.

But seriously (or not so seriously), yeah, the JMA was good.  But it's the JMA.

Any way to view the JMA?

Archived