• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

I hate to project but at 120 the front is being held up just a little north of where it was 0z and the southern system is a little northwest and stronger then it was 0z.  Both bad trends.  Still early though. 

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1024x768&mo=ecmwf≤=sfc&va=slp&in=4&pl=cf&ft=h120&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to project but at 120 the front is being held up just a little north of where it was 0z and the southern system is a little northwest and stronger then it was 0z.  Both bad trends.  Still early though. 

You may be right, but that cold air drainage is looking fairly good to me at 120.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1024x768&mo=ecmwf≤=850&va=temp&in=5&pl=cf&ft=h120&cu=latest&overlay=yes&mo=ecmwf≤=850&va=strm&in=5&pl=ln&ft=h120&cu=latest

the low is taking shape over northeast AL northwest GA, way northwest of last run, but at the same time the cold is still penetrating south into VA and WV as the precip approaches.  The last few frams the low is still sliding east.  Looks like it will be close but we probably start as some frozen given where its at 144.

it is, so far the low is well NW of last run, but the cold is also pushing more so its kind of a wash

the low is taking shape over northeast AL northwest GA, way northwest of last run, but at the same time the cold is still penetrating south into VA and WV as the precip approaches.  The last few frams the low is still sliding east.  Looks like it will be close but we probably start as some frozen given where its at 144.

it's so close that there's no way anyone can write it off this far out imho

Good run of the euro. Plenty of time for this to get sorted out. May very well trend colder with time which has been the trend lately.

It's an inch away from a disaster anywhere east of 81. I like the run but I'm still pretty skeptical. Hopefully the ensembles start jumping on the colder/snowier idea. 

Archived