• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

You said portions of SNE faired far worse. How is 5-10" far worse then 9.5". And there were certainly areas in NYC that saw less then the park. The band you speak of was narrow and short lived. The actual meat of the storm produced only 4" in Central Park. I'm still confused.

for the folks that got 3 to 5 in the far w and nw that is far worse from nearly ten inches but youre nit picking...it was an event up here that many of us would like to forget...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some may see a warning event from wave 1 . Then you keep the baroclinic zone closer to the coast  and wave 2 is the monster and the temperamental miller B wave 3 would just give us some instability LS

Need DT to jump in with his graphics (arrows and squigglely lines) so it is easier to understand the interaction of the three systems. Very interesting discussion.

Guess the question is which is more likely?

From the NWS AFD, last of the series of potential coastal's:  So bottom line, way too every to tell.

THE NEXT COASTAL STORM IS SLATED FOR LATE MON NIGHT INTO TUE NIGHT.

THIS TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE THE LAST FEW

DAYS AND IS ALSO IMPACTED BY THE LACK OF DATA AVAILABLE OVER THE

PACIFIC. DECIDED IT WAS BEST TO STICK WITH CONTINUITY UNTIL THINGS

CAN BE BETTER RESOLVED AND HAVE NOT MADE MUCH CHANGE TO THE FORECAST

DURING THIS TIME. HOWEVER...THE SIGNAL FOR A MILLER TYPE B STORM

REMAINS...BUT TIMING...STRENGTH AND P-TYPE REMAIN UNCERTAIN.

Who wrote the subtitle to this thread? "let's get one more biggie and call it a winter"

Other than one storm, you cannot call what we've had so far winter, it's just been an extended fall, or an early spring. I suppose it could be called either, but certainly let's not call what's been going on since the middle of November winter.

I have to kind of laugh at this b/c what exactly is "all over the place?"? I can't believe how married people are to the models. How bout some good old fashioned forecasting? Right? Pattern is evolving. Why not just take a good old fashioned stab at it, sink your teeth and call for something. Weather forecasting has become so fickle. It's the fear of failure factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't work for them or speak for them but they just don't want to be seen flipping and flopping.  What the NWS refers to as continuity until more model runs and ensembles come to a more confident solution.

So much going on with the two streams...MJO...and blocking developing from California

to the North Pole. Bust potential either way looks very high with different packets of energy 

competing with each other. This looks like one that may be another short term or nowcasters special.

Archived