joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As people have discussed here, I won't trust a Miller B until I see the snow on the ground. It's nice if the models say it's a go, but they've been terrible this winter, and were awful with the busted blizzard last year. I almost discount everything the Euro does at this point because that model has been horrific in our big events lately.

Of course, with the big one in the bag, this is fun to track. Just don't want to get my hopes up only to have them crushed. 6-7 days out is simply an eternity in weather.

Slight banter, I know, but the models have done extremely well this year. They had the blizzard 8-9 days out. There's always room for improvement, but they've done fine this winter. That said, yes, I agree with you; it's a Miller B after all. 

What?? NYC had 9.5"

many of us in northern ct and western mass which is CERTAINLY sne saw 5 to 10 after being forecast ridiculous high amounts like you guys...it was really just the eastern half of sne that had a big blizzard and the 5 to 10 in western and some west central areas was .25 inch hr arctic sand type stuff on a 24-30 hr storm

at least parts of nyc had that stripe of two inch hr snows in the afternoon, please be careful not to generalize. not all of sne is boston to worcester to the cape

many of us in northern ct and western mass which is CERTAINLY sne saw 5 to 10 after being forecast ridiculous high amounts like you guys...it was really just the eastern half of sne that had a big blizzard and the 5 to 10 in western and some west central areas was .25 inch hr arctic sand type stuff on a 24-30 hr storm

at least parts of nyc had that stripe of two inch hr snows in the afternoon, please be careful not to generalize. not all of sne is boston to worcester to the cape

Yeah I had a foot here.

EURO will be an interesting watch in coming runs to see which if anybof the secondary waves want to impact us.

The clipper coming through the Great Lakes kicks both the 1st and 2nd waves too far east this run. :lol:

Wave 2 is 300 further W than at 0z . The Euro may be focusing on the Miller A.

The wave spacing is poor so those heights are flat for the Miller B .

The Miller A just needs to come W a bit more , they all have so I would watch the Monday one 1st . 

You said portions of SNE faired far worse. How is 5-10" far worse then 9.5". And there were certainly areas in NYC that saw less then the park. The band you speak of was narrow and short lived. The actual meat of the storm produced only 4" in Central Park. I'm still confused.

Stronger lead storm means weaker, flat secondary. Either one hits or the other, can't have both

This! Unless the timing changes significantly it'd be hard to get the third strom to really get going early. In regards to the second wave though, it's certainly possible for that one to track somewhat westward of what's currently depicted and give us a decent snow event, especially if the first wave is further west and the barolonic zone ends up being a bit west because of it. It's still early, but there is definitely potential to see a modest snow event on Friday and potentially something more significant early (or middle) next week.

Get that MJO 4-5 to really pump the ridge off the EC so the 1st wave gets more captured than kicked by the clipper

and we'll be in business.

Some may see a warning event from wave 1 . Then you keep the baroclinic zone closer to the coast  and wave 2 is the monster and the temperamental miller B wave 3 would just give us some instability LS  

Archived