joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunate there was so much potential. Let's wait and see, you never know things have been turning around last second

I think we need to focus on the first storm offshore and see if it can make any substantial strides westward in future runs. I'd rather take my chances with a miller A anyways. Miller B storms always seems to be hard to come by in this neck of the woods.

Yeah but when does that ever work out? 48 hours of light snow with marginal temps? 

That's a good point. But let's see what happens ... plenty of time. Look at how close Monday's big coastal storm is on 12z NAM. Wouldn't take much of a shift to give us something good. And you never know with a possible inverted trough tuesday into Wednesday. There's potential for something to work out. If not, we should at least get some light accumulations. 

That's a good point. But let's see what happens ... plenty of time. Look at how close Monday's big coastal storm is on 12z NAM. Wouldn't take much of a shift to give us something good. And you never know with a possible inverted trough tuesday into Wednesday. There's potential for something to work out. If not, we should at least get some light accumulations. 

Yeah I'm not counting anything out at this point. The Gfs is also quite cold by late next week and going forward so its not like we won't have more opportunities

I think we need to focus on the first storm offshore and see if it can make any substantial strides westward in future runs. I'd rather take my chances with a miller A anyways. Miller B storms always seems to be hard to come by in this neck of the woods.

Agreed completely. We need to find a way to get that storm to come up the coast (as if we play a role in that). Hopefully we can get it to work out. Maybe the storm that just exited will strengthen enough to assist with blocking. Guess we'll have to see.

15z SREF is more west with the 2nd storm

2rf4n0p.gif

I absolutely refuse to look at the SREFS to determine placement and precip shield expansion... 2 storms in a row now, SREFS had me and surrounding areas plenty wet, without a single flake falling... I'm not using the SREFS unless It's to determine how much, not if, it's gonna snow

I still would like to know who subtitled this thread as let's get one more biggie and then call it a winter.

First of all who wants to call it a winter on February 9, and the second thing is for anyone North of I 287 we're still waiting for it to become a winter.

Just my thoughts, no animosity intended.

I absolutely refuse to look at the SREFS to determine placement and precip shield expansion... 2 storms in a row now, SREFS had me and surrounding areas plenty wet, without a single flake falling... I'm not using the SREFS unless It's to determine how much, not if, it's gonna snow

The SREFs, as I have learned, are useful to determine trends. They may not be the most accurate, and they are not gospel by any means, but in my experience (very limited), they have proven helpful when simply looking at the trends.

The nam at its ending looks to be hitting at a decent solution, problem is the main wave is very strong

Good. Let's crank that thing up and get it as close to the coast as possible. At this point, it appears clear that the first wave will not be weak and/or out to sea enough to allow the second wave to bomb out and move up the coast. So just makes sense to root for the first wave now.

It looks like bad luck as the offshore storm messes up the next wave.

I don't see the offshore storm trending too much better for us. A shame because the follow up wave could've spawned a really powerful storm.

Even so this has the potential for a long duration snow event, however light the snow is, it could add up to 6+ for many

The nam is 3-4" area wide by 06z Tuesday, and second wave hasn't even formed yet

Is wave 1 the deep storm moving far off the coast Sun-Mon?  If that is the case the snow on the NAM is associated with incoming energy with the next wave.  Think there is near zero chance of the Sun-Mon storm significantly impacting the area.  Think the energy coming in Tue AM could lead to some area wide light snow, any bigger amounts likely near the coast if it can blow up.

It looks like bad luck as the offshore storm messes up the next wave.

I don't see the offshore storm trending too much better for us. A shame because the follow up wave could've spawned a really powerful storm.

Maybe, but it would have been a Miller B, and those systems have not been favorable to most places in this subforum (with the exception of LI) in recent years.

Archived