• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

Lookin real nice for dca coming up. Early signs of banded structure showing up. They need to crack 20". 130% of climo in a single storm. Haha

Yeah looks like today should be nice. Wondering when that stuff to the west starts rotating through more east. Looks like right now radar is still moving things SE-NW, so I assume the low isn't quite yet at this latitude? I imagine winds will pick up too.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about these spotter reports:  are these numbers from 6-hour measurements, or are they snow depth?

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...

1 SE MONT VILL:   20.5 809 AM 1/23 TRAINED SPOTTER

GAITHERSBURG:  19.0 738 AM 1/23 COUNTY EMRG MGMT

1 ENE GARR PK    18.0 600 AM 1/23 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 ESE NORBECK   17.6 700 AM 1/23 TRAINED SPOTTER

GERMANTOWN     17.0 636 AM 1/23 PUBLIC

They are supposed to be storm totals.

Looks like another 8-12" today for most people. DCA, barring something horrific, should hit 20 easily if it already has 16

I'm rooting hard for DCA to crack 20", finally, and maybe even sneak up to #2 all time. As good as this storm looked and is turning out, I never felt the Knickerbocker was really in play. That event is simply way up there.

I'm rooting hard for DCA to crack 20", finally, and maybe even sneak up to #2 all time. As good as this storm looked and is turning out, I never felt the Knickerbocker was really in play. That event is simply way up there.

DCA will blow away 20"....And you speak way too soon re: Knickerbocker...DCA has a shot at 30+"...

DCA will blow away 20"....And you speak way too soon re: Knickerbocker...DCA has a shot at 30+"...

Do you think they have a shot at the 30+ simply due to duration of light-mod snows throughout the day? Or do you think there will continue to be intensification of the banding type features to the south and a prolonged increase in the snow intensity again?

Archived