Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting

Ian

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCA is cracking 20 by a sizeable margin

I'm hoping they do, finally, at that location.  I think relatively speaking they're doing better than around the same point during Snowmageddon.  This time, the ground (and air) was much colder from the start compared to then...so it stuck right away unlike Feb. 2010.

We need as many deathbands as possible to cycle through. Produce produce produce. It is gorgeous out here. 

The radar is gorgeous. The best part is the fact the storm is just getting going down in southern NC. The mid level frontogenesis with this system is going to be sweet and it's already becoming evident on the Meso Analysis to our south and even one right along the Mason Dixon. Looking amazing my friend. Enjoy!!  :sled:

Don't want to be that guy, but what do the experts see in regards to dry slotting?  Who's at risk?

Has been discussed a lot over the last 24 hours.  Read through the storm thread.  Summary, northern/western areas probably won't dryslot as much and will do better in deform, DC and points northeast and east may dry slot for a period.

Has been discussed a lot over the last 24 hours.  Read through the storm thread.  Summary, northern/western areas probably won't dryslot as much and will do better in deform, DC and points northeast and east may dry slot for a period.

I've read about all of that.  I just didn't know if the current radar/short term models were giving any clues yet.  I wouldn't really know what to look for.  Seems every dry spot on the radar is filling up between Richmond and DC to my untrained eyes. 

Archived