joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM cleaned us out good just like a laxative.

Tried to warn you and Mack and others...don't bite. Now of course I could be eating crow tomorrow if the Nam is wrong. But there never was a strong enough cad to beat out the warm nose. And what was showing wouldn't last. Deform and backside was gonna save the upstate but it transfers too quick and goes poof...like every other time...over and over. That's why I never bit.

Tried to warn you and Mack and others...don't bite. Now of course I could be eating crow tomorrow if the Nam is wrong. But there never was a strong enough cad to beat out the warm nose. And what was showing wouldn't last. Deform and backside was gonna save the upstate but it transfers too quick and goes poof...like every other time...over and over. That's why I never bit.

If you believe the NAM, this is almost a non event for the entire state.

You're right. I should of known after last years huge bust not to bite this go around.

I think it was 1988... I remember as a child watching the GSP weather forecast before bed and the meteorologist predicting up to a foot of snow by morning. I woke up to a 12"+ that morning and didn't go to school for over a week. Good times.

Ahh yes, the Charlie Gertz days. I don't we'll ever re-live another one like the '88 storm..

Hell these upstate people don't even realize that the WSW don't even go in effect until midnight tonight! They will be surprised as hell when they without power for a week!

I never believed from the start. HP was too weak imo. I still think we get some sleet or ZR tomorrow. Got a General 2 years ago so I'll have power regardless. I just tried to caution upstate folks not to entertain the gfs snow amounts. No way was it going to happen...soundings didn't support it. And never rely on backside snow on the lee side. But like I said earlier from nw gville and east you can get in on backside redevelopment.

Archived