joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was 1988... I remember as a child watching the GSP weather forecast before bed and the meteorologist predicting up to a foot of snow by morning. I woke up to a 12"+ that morning and didn't go to school for over a week. Good times.

We moved here from Spartanburg in 1987 and I remember getting a huge snow a year or so after we moved here. I wonder if that was the same storm. My dad built an igloo so big that me and 2 of my friends could easily stand up in it. I need to find that picture....

Thanks. But if you are carrying any bread or milk out of the state there will be a warrant issued for your arrest.

Oh no! I travelled to Snowshoe yesterday and had both!

Good luck everyone. Hope to see a lot of snow in the triad on Sunday. I think we're pretty locked in for 18-24 up here.

We moved here from Spartanburg in 1987 and I remember getting a huge snow a year or so after we moved here. I wonder if that was the same storm. My dad built an igloo so big that me and 2 of my friends could easily stand up in it. I need to find that picture....

That would most certainly be it. Some areas were well over a foot. What was extremely rare with that storm outside the amount of snow was, we had some frigid temps accompanying the backside of the storm. The best sledding that I can ever remember.

Archived