• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

I'm sure the servers are on massive overload or that snow outputs resulted in a fatal computer error. Wow just said at 24, coastal is stronger.

I was able to figure out from the Euro maps from Wunderground.. we were spared an apocalyptic snow/ice storm for our locations; lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who want to see a text book Gulf tap, cruise on over to the trusty American weather service website and loop the 24hr water vapor

Yea I think this thing is really gonna get cranking when that Low gets closer and pulls in more cold air. I could see upstate getting a easy 2-4" out of this possibly more especially to further you go in NC!

Last I saw it was marginal because of low instability. Shear parameters are thru the roof.

Good catch. I had noticed the alert on NWS chat... said slight but it was to your South in FL. Not sure why "slight risk was issued for parts of cae's area" was noted.  Prob the overall outlook.

Light rain and sleet here in Belmont, NC. The ip is lighter than the rain. 37 degrees. I SMELL BUST for the FRONT END, HOWEVER, there is potential for the BACKEND (either deformation or up the A$$)!!! Not feeling this one. The HP/Cold feed seems to be a bust. We better HOPE EC & DC does the trick...

Light rain and sleet here in Belmont, NC. The ip is lighter than the rain. 37 degrees. I SMELL BUST for the FRONT END, HOWEVER, there is potential for the BACKEND (either deformation or up the A$$)!!! Not feeling this one. The HP/Cold feed seems to be a bust. We better HOPE EC & DC does the trick...

Downstream, areas of sleet are being reported already in NW SC. I really see temps continuing downslide especially during the daylight hours. Sleet/snow aloft in good rates can really gnaw down at a warm nose.

Alright ladies and gents, had to step away for business this evening.  Who has the evening Cliff Notes for central NC available?  Have we busted to 50 degrees and raining yet or shall Snowmaggedon reign?   ;)

I heard reading through the threads/skimming was a good idea vs asking those who have been here the majority of the time.  1.75 inches of ice for Burlington.  Have funz.

Alright ladies and gents, had to step away for business this evening. Who has the evening Cliff Notes for central NC available? Have we busted to 50 degrees and raining yet or shall Snowmaggedon reign? ;)

I'd like to know the same. Our mets in rah have been so gfs focused on not sure this should effect their numbers.

Alright ladies and gents, had to step away for business this evening. Who has the evening Cliff Notes for central NC available? Have we busted to 50 degrees and raining yet or shall Snowmaggedon reign? ;)

Very little change. King had a hiccup on the model run but overall look was the same. I do like the persistent eastward movement into FL. So far the track is setting up about as perfect as we can hope for across the Carolinas. Just a shame we dont have a slightly stronger high up north.

Quite aware.  This is the "banter" thread; hence I was bantering....

Well I mean, you were busy with business and stuff so.. the way it came across was you were expecting us to have been here all night with all the latest updates to tell you about instead of reading/skimming through.

I wake up in the mornings with a pending event and read/skim through... and don't ask people how it looks for my area... i read through, check the data myself.. and try to help my area out since not many posters are doing it for the Central SC Midlands.

No offense or anything, but there are tons of posts/data/knowledge to read through to get an answer.

Archived