joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have missed you sir.  People arguing with GSP, NAM went crazy and gave GSP a cold rain.. GFS gave a bomb to a lot of people.. so its been a mixed bag of emotions.

Yes.  The NAM was doing its thing.

You have no idea. Oh wait, maybe you do.

I didn't miss much then. Good to hear guys.

I searched for Hartman von Aue. I think it's a picture from one of the codices of that era (13th century) of some knight riding around, doing knightly things.

Wikipedia is a bit lackluster but sounds like an interesting man.  Makes me feel pathetic with this weenie picture.. I think I'll change it.

Intriguing fact I saw:

"either the place nor the date of his birth has been ascertained" 

Storm must have fizzled out  The Weather Channel just started a 2 hour show about the Donner Party.

Loved studying reading up on that event. Fascinating piece of history. Van Denton in house model got our county up to .5 frzng rain. Not sure what actual model he is using. Im hopeful our mixing issues are dominated by the pingers and not frzng rn. Looking on skew ts on the models and can't find any that put out .5 frzng rain, thankfully. I'm hoping it's from a earlier model run that's been outdated and he just left it up for late broadcast since he already had it at his fingertips to use for a prop.

I'm gonna get fired. I told my boss that you all said it was going to snow a lot. He made the decision to close our office for two days. That NEVER happens in the medical field. Maybe I'll go back to college to be a real meteorologist.

This is a joke, I am sure.

Saw a few patches of snow on 288 west of Richmond, on I64 arm, I am driving the 250 (not at the moment Fraz had to take a leak), about 30 mins to 522 and the 2hr treck north into slaughter hollow.

Still don't know if I am going to get 12" of snow, 4" of sleet, +.5" of freezing rain or any combination.  It's fun being on the change over line.

Well if anyone happens to get data from Euro since the main sites are broken past hour 12... let me know if it's colder/more icy around the central midlands please. :)

I'm sure the servers are on massive overload or that snow outputs resulted in a fatal computer error. Wow just said at 24, coastal is stronger.

Archived