joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, GSP update gives us 4-6" ! We're good! We're suppose to be getting freezing rain, but I'm at 33.1, so I'll let you know how that works out!

Mack, snow is expected due to wrap around moisture - not sure when that will begin - in Greenville County, everything south of downtown Greenville is primarily rain - I'm about 3 miles south of downtown Greenville - have had sleet and freezing rain this AM - trees lightly coated - had a sleet covered yard early this morning - now, slowly melting away

Some folks need to read the storm discussion thread about the precip coming. Of course, I don't think it would matter to some since there are some complaining about the precip and calling it a bust right after a couple of others already explained the precip is still coming.

How's that 6-8" coming?

I'm not normally a complainer, because frankly I don't understand enough of this stuff to complain, but I do notice that all of the 'mainstream' weather outlets I usually check had drastically reduced totals across the board when I woke up this morning. (Southpoint Durham area, we've lost everything on all sites but a couple of token <1" notes.)  I'm curious to know what specifically happened to make them back off the the forecasts, but can't seem to find the clues in the main thread. I guess it's one of those 'it's just not happening' weather things?

That said: It's been doing a mix of light snow/freezing rain down here since I woke up. Apartment complex roads and roofs are white or getting there. Some dusting on cars. Right now the windows are getting 'pinged'.

Mack, snow is expected due to wrap around moisture - not sure when that will begin - in Greenville County, everything south of downtown Greenville is primarily rain - I'm about 3 miles south of downtown Greenville - have had sleet and freezing rain this AM - trees lightly coated - had a sleet covered yard early this morning - now, slowly melting away

It is coming around 5:00-6:00 this evening. The snow that is

Some folks need to read the storm discussion thread about the precip coming. Of course, I don't think it would matter to some since there are some complaining about the precip and calling it a bust right after a couple of others already explained the precip is still coming.

From what I've read RDU and GSP are backing off.. You calling them out also? 

And, this explains why he gets paid the big bucks to be a meteorologist, while the rest of us are modelologists. He did a great job explaining how the moisture will soon be blossoming over the western half of NC as the low transfers and wraps more moisture around from the cold high source to the north. The best is yet to come...

And, this explains why he gets paid the big bucks to be a meteorologist, while the rest of us are modelologists. He did a great job explaining how the moisture will soon be blossoming over the western half of NC as the low transfers and wraps more moisture around from the cold high source to the north. The best is yet to come...

I love the sound of that, but from my experiences in NC that rarely works out. But god I hope it does

Archived