joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw NWF, those suck. This will go down as an epic bust in NW mtns and foothills. Amazing how models could get things remotely close back in 93 but they can't hit the broad side of a barn in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest snow disappointment in my time watching the weather

Screw NWF, those suck. This will go down as an epic bust in NW mtns and foothills. Amazing how models could get things remotely close back in 93 but they can't hit the broad side of a barn in 2016.

I agree NW Flow i'm sunny and 40 degrees here I live in downslope city!!! N.Foothills I have an EPIC fail on my yard too!!!! I was talking about Mountains tomorrow, Not here!!!  :axe:

Two generations ago, they landed on the moon with the use of slide rules and graph paper.  Landed on the freakin' moon.  We need to call all those guys back (the ones still living) and have them work on weather prediction modeling.  I'm pretty sure they couldn't be any worse than we are now.

You could probably have a really good model, but it'd take a really long time to run, longer than the lead time. That's the problem we have to solve. We don't just have to land on the moon, we have to do it daily and quickly enough to be useful. That's quite different. Also, landing on the moon you have to get one ship, with humans on board, to the right place. With weather prediction, you have to get the whole atmosphere, with no human intervention, somewhere. A bit more difficult I'd say.

Two generations ago, they landed on the moon with the use of slide rules and graph paper.  Landed on the freakin' moon.  We need to call all those guys back (the ones still living) and have them work on weather prediction modeling.  I'm pretty sure they couldn't be any worse than we are now.

Imma getting sick of models, they lie like the devil! lol

You could probably have a really good model, but it'd take a really long time to run, longer than the lead time. That's the problem we have to solve. We don't just have to land on the moon, we have to do it daily and quickly enough to be useful. That's quite different. Also, landing on the moon you have to get one ship, with humans on board, to the right place. With weather prediction, you have to get the whole atmosphere, with no human intervention, somewhere. A bit more difficult I'd say.

Well, you might not have picked up on my use of hyperbole, but I still say that we should just call those old white guys in short-sleeve dress shirts with pocket protectors and see what they can do.  ;)

My biggest gripe so far are those ignorant news writers with articles titled "Blizzard Cripples Eastern US", etc. The media will publish anything that sells. Damn that 2nd Amendment! :blahblah:

The 2nd amendment is the right to bear arms, do you mean the 1st amendment?

From JB

RECIPE FOR BOMBOGENESIS

January 22 12:18 PM

35 degree temp difference over 50 miles. Yahtzee!

This was posted in the main discussion thread but I wanted to ask my question here. I understand that the low bombing out intensifies the system. What is making him so excited about this ? Below is the image that I failed and attach at first.

post-13275-0-85187600-1453486843_thumb.j

This was posted in the main discussion thread but I wanted to ask my question here. I understand that the low bombing out intensifies the system. What is making him so excited about this ? Below is the image that I failed and attach at first.

attachicon.gifzkNPbJy.jpg

Because it means it will now blow up and slam the MA and NE, his sole regional concerns

Because it means it will now blow up and slam the MA and NE, his sole regional concerns

Thanks for the reply. So he was basically saying this intensification only benefits folks further north and therefore, I will continue to see weather that even my dogs won't go out in. :(

Archived