joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just look at that precip dry up along 85.  Perfect trajectory for me to get nada lol.  It's the perfect storm.  Maybe it will pivot lol.

You know it's gotten bad when we're hoping for the pivot. What's really going to be depressing is watching that beautiful band over northwest GA disappear in an hour or two. 

What have we (hopefully) learned from this "storm"?

1. Never trust QPF amounts on Global models

2. When the NAM is within 36 hours and tells you something you don't like, believe it!

3. No model gets the track and timing just right

4. When TV mets are considered to be too conservative, they know better than the models

5. Wrap around from a coastal transfer seldom works out

6. If you are counting on dynamics to save you, don't

7. There will ALWAYS be a warm nose (outside the mtns) regardless of what a model shows

8. We seldom get a storm with "just snow" for the vast majority here

9. There will be some who will win on the totals and some who will not

10.DC and the MA will outperform us every single time

This is perfect.  Can't explain how disappointed I am with this storm.  The thing is I should have known better.  We have been through this before.  It's like the beaten wife syndrome.  We just keep thinking this is the one only to get the stank knocked out of us.  One of these days...

He only seems to get the lead in tornado situations.

I mean, I get that there is a pecking order at the station and all that. But a science PhD takes a lot of work (among other things), it's just gotta sting to be behind someone with a BS in that order, and then have the producers come to you with "Hey, Nate, can you go on camera and talk about the traffic cams for 30 seconds?"

Then again, it's got to pay better and give him more family time than the postdoc/tenure track grind, so he's probably totally cool with it.

Guy in my apartment complex thought he'd be fine since he had a truck. Spent a while stuck on the main apt road, got unstuck, decided to keep trying to leave, last we saw the truck was sliding gently down a slope in the road and out of view. This is why people make fun of us.

Archived