CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I guess it's okay for mods to insult and personally attack posters here.

It's true. Very cliquey, highschool like. It's funny because most of them haven't been in highschool in 40 years. Since this is the banter thread, a post like this should be allowed right? Let's see what happens. Even a power as small as a forum mod can go to some peoples heads.

I'm sitting in the Walmart parking lot so if I get stuck I'll just go inside and spend the night

Really, this whole storm was an effing BUST IMO.  AVL got screwed, Nash won the jack pot in the SE, places that were forecast huge totals got minuscule amounts.  I am not bitter, but never believe any model until is actually happens. 

Remember how positive and optimistic he was pre-storm and telling people they were trolling because they were predicting exactly what is happening now in realtime. Cynical and jaded Brick has finally arrived.

Lol true.

Brick has the same old shtick every year. Somebody shows a range of snow, and he assumes the upper end will be achieved. He goes back and forth between boards and social media sites posting on one what he saw on the other. He sees a snow map hugs it and then gets mad at the model for being wrong. He chastises posters and mets alike if they don't go for the maximum amount of snow shown by the most ridiculous model five days out and calls them Debbie Downers and so forth and so on. He forgets that the excitement generated by the many posters here, who are most commonly discussing the BEST potential outcome, usually ends in disappointment, as the BEST possible outcome is rarely achieved. In fact, the lower portion of the solution range is where we most frequently find ourselves. And then, he laments over the models and all of the busted "forecasts", most of which were discussions of maps and things that would need to happen to achieve the BEST possible outcome. It's the same thing year after year. And that's ok. It is what it is. But hope and wanting and pretty snowfall maps, in the end, do not make a snowstorm.

Wow, I guess it's okay for mods to insult and personally attack posters here.

Mods aren't the only ones who have told you to learn what the models are saying   :whistle:  You'd rather troll 

It's true. Very cliquey, highschool like. It's funny because most of them haven't been in highschool in 40 years. Since this is the banter thread, a post like this should be allowed right? Let's see what happens. Even a power as small as a forum mod can go to some peoples heads.

:baby:

Lol true.

Brick has the same old shtick every year. Somebody shows a range of snow, and he assumes the upper end will be achieved. He goes back and forth between boards and social media sites posting on one what he saw on the other. He sees a snow map hugs it and then gets mad at the model for being wrong. He chastises posters and mets alike if they don't go for the maximum amount of snow shown by the most ridiculous model five days out and calls them Debbie Downers and so forth and so on. He forgets that the excitement generated by the many posters here, who are most commonly discussing the BEST potential outcome, usually ends in disappointment, as the BEST possible outcome is rarely achieved. In fact, the lower portion of the solution range is where we most frequently find ourselves. And then, he laments over the models and all of the busted "forecasts", most of which were discussions of maps and thugs that would need to happen to achieve the BEST possible outcome. It's the same thing year after year. And that's ok. It is what it is. But nope and wanting and pretty snowfall maps, in the end, do not make a snowstorm.

+1000

Post of the day!

Johnny C finally seemed defeated on air about 6!

He sees the radar is pathetic, back end comma head not gonna save him! Spotty dusting to an inch , from here on out in upstate! About 5 , him and C Justus were giddy looking at the ULL over AL and saying it was coming and still going with

1-4" and hyping THUNDERSNOW ! Lol

Mods aren't the only ones who have told you to learn what the models are saying :whistle: You'd rather troll

:baby:

Really mature. Is this how the mods seriously work here? That's how you lose a community very quickly. What I said was a legitimate concern. I'm only saying what the many are thinking, but don't say in fear of ban happy mods.

Lol true.

Brick has the same old shtick every year. Somebody shows a range of snow, and he assumes the upper end will be achieved. He goes back and forth between boards and social media sites posting on one what he saw on the other. He sees a snow map hugs it and then gets mad at the model for being wrong. He chastises posters and mets alike if they don't go for the maximum amount of snow shown by the most ridiculous model five days out and calls them Debbie Downers and so forth and so on. He forgets that the excitement generated by the many posters here, who are most commonly discussing the BEST potential outcome, usually ends in disappointment, as the BEST possible outcome is rarely achieved. In fact, the lower portion of the solution range is where we most frequently find ourselves. And then, he laments over the models and all of the busted "forecasts", most of which were discussions of maps and things that would need to happen to achieve the BEST possible outcome. It's the same thing year after year. And that's ok. It is what it is. But hope and wanting and pretty snowfall maps, in the end, do not make a snowstorm.

Whatever. The models didn't get this right with the snow amounts. The NWS didn't. The mets didn't. The snow ended sooner than they thought. Same thing 90% of the time. That's all I am pointing out. Has nothing to do with hugging the model that shows the best outcome. I guess the NWS and mets hug the models, too, since 90% of the time the amount for snow here is under the amount forecasted. But you know what, it's cool. I will still be hopefully and optimistic, but just know that 90% of the time what the models show and what the forecast is for snow around here will be wrong. I would still rather be optimistic and hopeful than pessimistic and miserable all the time. :)

Archived